Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Just disgusting to look at.
    Bothers me that my HMO took in so many low life fat ass ghetto goblins and hoodrats thanks to Obamacare.
    I love Kaiser Permanente until these animals came along

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    It isnt so much the weight you are carrying as much as what kind of weight you are carrying. Ignore the scale, look at the body. Are you carrying the right kind of weight?
    The individuals that I referred to, don't. I don't "shame" anyone, just find the sight of certain types repulsive, hence avoid any interaction or engagement.

You aren't going to change them, so worry about yourself. Condescension doesn't make you fitter.
    Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth;
    A stranger, and not your own lips.
    Proverbs 27:2

You will fight like you train...

A link to this article popped back up on Twitter today. Worth another re-read.

Sex-Appeal-Fitness-and-Fat-Shaming.jpg
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    FUCK!!!! I am 6'2" and weigh like 240 lbs; I can see a few abs. Oh wait... The BMI is total bullshit.
    No, it's not.

It's scary accurate for about 90% of the population. You, Greg, and a lot of the posters here, just aren't in that ten percent.

For that 90% the BMI is within three or four percentage points of their "real" body fat percentage, and it is a reasonably good proxy for health risk (meaning "insurance").

If you can bench/squat your body weight and DL one and a half (or twice) your body weight and you watch what you eat you have put yourself in a place where BMI doesn't apply.

But that doesn't mean BMI is useless or stupid, and to say so lets those people to whom it DOES apply lie to themselves about how they're really not that bad because "BMI is boolshit"

Im not where i want to be yet. Im strong (Siberian dead lifts up to 650 lbs), but my appetite and love of cooking/eating is my Achilles heel. I make no excuses for that and that fault is completely my own. The information ive gained from this forum and the desire to effectively carry in the appendix position, as well as wanting to show the proper respect for the gift of life my Creator has given me, is what motivates me to keep working on myself. I wear this as a reminder every day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This has turned into a very interesting post. For me, I see both sides of this coin because I have been on both sides. I have been very over weight and under fit. I have also been under weight and under fit. Right now I sit almost exactly how I should be (I am a woman...in my eyes it is never perfect).

Having been on both sides, it is frustrating for me when I see people who are overweight and do nothing to change it. Or see the same people jump on every new diet shake, food program or pill but change nothing else and expect it to fix everything they have done to themselves. (I have done this too...it doesn't work)

I also get very frustrated by the comments I hear...such as "Oh, you are one of those skinny people" (No, I am not. I work hard to stay this size). "I bet you eat whatever you want" (Nope, while you are on your third meal from McDonald's and drinking your soda, I am eating a home prepared meal and drinking water) "I bet you don't have to do anything to stay that size" (Nope, while you are on your fithth show on Netflix, I loaded wood, shoveled snow, dug in my garden, walked my dogs...oh, and hit the gym at 7 am)

It seriously goes both ways as far as shaming is concerned, especially among women.

Droid did it!

I guess I just don't see the point in "fat shaming." Fat guy gonna be a fat guy until he don't wanna be fat no more. Simple as that, it's a self discipline thing. I see no point in arguing with a "woe is me" fat person with every excuse for not trying to be healthier.

That said, I always offer encouragement to anyone trying hard at the gym, or who I encounter while running.

The point of the article is that pop culture encourages acceptance of all body types, while not praising those who work hard (some harder than others) to be as fit as they can.

T
    WOTU Since 2012