Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saigas are cut for single hook.

Hoping not to step in anything here, but it is possible to install a double-hook trigger in a single hook receiver, and undercut the second hook so it acts as an overtravel stop. Probably more work than the average person just looking to slap in a trigger is looking to do, but it is useful.

Quote Originally Posted by cynical View Post
    Hoping not to step in anything here, but it is possible to install a double-hook trigger in a single hook receiver, and undercut the second hook so it acts as an overtravel stop. Probably more work than the average person just looking to slap in a trigger is looking to do, but it is useful.
    I suppose you could if you wanted to. I wouldn't risk screwing up, and I like Jim Fuller's theory on having one hook versus two. But hey, go for it if you want.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    You shouldn't be thinking 'oh God, I'm in a gunfight', you should be saying 'THANK GOD I'M IN A GUNFIGHT!' " - Gabe Suarez

"The man becomes the weapon, everything else is a tool" -Sonny P

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadet84 View Post
    I suppose you could if you wanted to. I wouldn't risk screwing up, and I like Jim Fuller's theory on having one hook versus two. But hey, go for it if you want.
    There's not really any risk involved. If you place a double-hook trigger in a single-hook receiver, you'll see where the bottom of the second hook hits the bottom of the receiver where a second slot would be if it was a double-hook receiver. You simply remove enough material from the underside of that hook to allow the trigger to function. Don't remove enough, the trigger won't release and you take it out and remove a little more. Remove too much and you simply get a little more overtravel. Just some trial and error. Remove just enough for the trigger to release, then take a wee bit more out to ensure reliability. If you don't like the feel of the trigger action you could remove the top part of the second hook I guess.

Definitely unnecessary, but a useful result for those that like to tinker. But the simplest thing to do of course, is to stick with a single-hook.

Ok, I used the g2 for mine as well and im loving it! Im sure there are better ones out there but of the aks ive handled, its the best. Mine have been mostly pistols with the original european triggers, a vepr, and 2 beat up older ones that I cant remember. And it is miles above the original saiga setup...

Single vs double... I used the single, since that is how theyre cut already. As already described, its easy to prep the saiga to use the double if you want. A small round file or a dremel will do it and you will be able to tell where to use it very easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kelveren; 03-11-2017 at 06:34 PM.
    One God, Yahweh.

I put a G2 double hook and retaining plate in my old SA93 Bulgarian. It was a double originally. It's light crisp and the best thing I've done to it beside the Ultimak and Aimpoint. Oh and not the micro. The PRO for half the price and never looked back.

A tapco single hook is merely a double hook (AK) with one side cut off. A "true" single hook (like the Arsenal) is a different geometry all together (AKM) , and necessitated by the addition of the rate reducer/anti bounce device on the R side of a select fire trigger assembly.

With the trigger guard off, it is easy to cut the slot in the bottom of the receiver for a double hook. It is a little tricky with the trigger guard riveted on.
    T. Mark Graham, Master Gunsmith
    Arizona Response Systems, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by wango tango View Post
    I put a G2 double hook and retaining plate in my old SA93 Bulgarian. It was a double originally. It's light crisp and the best thing I've done to it beside the Ultimak and Aimpoint. Oh and not the micro. The PRO for half the price and never looked back.
    Does the "pro" also co-witness?
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

No not that big of a deal to me.