Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A very good analysis of the situation that President Trump was referring to in Europe;
    http://intelligencefusion.co.uk/2017...ct-or-fiction/
    ...If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"...
    If - Rudyard Kipling

ECRG, June 2006
    Warrior Skills Camp, July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by M1A's r Best View Post
    I was in Scotland (business trip) in 1990. We flew into and out of Edinburgh. On the way out we had some time waiting on the plane so we decided to visit/tour Edinburgh Castle. We got there before it opened for tours and there were British soldiers walking around with their rifles and gear. We stayed in the car. In a bit a van pulled up, a bunch of regular looking police officers (with no guns) got out of the van and the soldiers got in the van and it left. We left, too.

I told myself then, it would be a very sad day in the US if ever got to the point that armed soldiers had to patrol the airports, tourist attractions, etc. I guess we made it a few years ago. I don't/won't fly and I don't go to large cities or tourist attractions. I do still go to the country and the mountains on a regular basis.

The police and the military can't protect you, not if they are here to stop violence after it starts. They may prevent some of the violence from going unchecked but by definition, if they have to stop it, it's already started.
    Bro, there is armed security in my local library. The times they are a-changing.