Thread: Night Gun

Default Night Gun

BPM AR, Leupold 3X9 VXR Patrol scope, Steiner DBAL A3 Green/IR laser/Illuminator, TNVPVS 14 NOD, YHM Phantom Suppressor. I have an old MICH helmet with an NVG mount to go with the set up. This is my first suppressor and I must say, it's a hell of a lot of fun. Now I need some wild hogs to invade my property.
    nightgun.jpg
    Trump 2016...because f@&k you.

Nice blaster Brother.

How do you like the DBAL A3 ?

v/r

JD

Quote Originally Posted by JD Lester View Post
    Nice blaster Brother.

How do you like the DBAL A3 ?

v/r

JD

Thank you. The DBAL is a good system, light weight and accurate. Combined with the PVS 14, it makes low light shooting a lot of fun.
    Trump 2016...because f@&k you.

I know very little about NV. I assume you are wearing the PVS14 over your left eye (if you are right-handed), for use with the DBAL. How does the scope work alongside that? I realize you'll be using one or the other, but how well do the two systems work when set-up side-by-side like this? Are there ever twilight conditions where you might actually be divided on which sighting system is better? In such a scenario, can you easily switch back and forth between the optic with your right eye and the DBAL with your left? And can you still get a decent cheek rest for the optic with the PVS14 in place? Once you've run this a bit, I'd really like to hear what you think about this design.
    Virtute et Armis