Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Take this with a grain of salt. Knowing the environment here, the focus is on the performance and practicality for the task at hand. 1911 being a great gun, but I'd say the pros here will say keep it for BBQs and range days. I'm assuming making it "proper" you may mean carry? Even the most expensive 1911 in 45ACP that runs like a sewing machine still is plagued with all the barriers of single stack 8+1 manual safety etc etc. if I were you, I'd dress it up, mod the parts, shoot it and enjoy it... but I would never put that weapon on the "active" list. If my guns were a football team, my Glocks (even XDs) are the players and my 1911 is the cheerleader. Great to look at and touch, but certainly not winning any games.

I've sunk a lot of money in 1911's that I ended up selling to finance RDS Glocks.
    I wouldn't do it again.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

H. L. Mencken

Gotta agree with the others.

If your tools are glocks, let this be the toy. Shoot it, fix what you dont like, and just enjoy it for what it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    One God, Yahweh.

One thing to check on a Para is the magazine catch.The older ones were made from polymer and would cause the gun to misfeed when they got worn.Take yours out and inspect it.If it is metal you are good to go,If it's plastic, replace it with one from Ed Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Payne View Post
    I would shoot the hell out of it and decide what I did and didn't like.
    JP nailed it...shoot the piss out of it...then decide on upgrades.

CRG-Suarez International Combat Pistol Instructor

SIG SAUER CERTIFIED ARMORER M400, 516, 716, M4, AR15, M16