Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Edel another fine option is to sell it to me for a great price. :P I know most feel that the 43 is the way to fly, but I shoot the 26/27 better, have the capability of running ETS mags as a reload and even with my (shrinking) gut, can appendix carry it easily even in slacks with a button up. The GS baby Glock for me is the way to fly.
    Greg Nichols- Who you are 5 years from now is directly related to the books you read, who you associate with, and how you spend your free time.

Frankly, unless you have a need for .40 I'd sell the G27 and get a Gen4 G26. That would simplify everything and later on you wouldn't look at your Franken-gun and think, I coulda/woulda/shoulda. Unless, of course, you wanna get a custom slide, then what the heck.

I have a G27 but don't carry it anymore 'cuz of my G43 and G19 combinations. I also have a G23 that I don't do much with, either. I thought about getting rid of them both; they shoot great -- the G27 is very accurate, oddly enough -- but I'm no longer interested in .40 S&W. (Sound familiar?)

HOWEVER ... the big ammo shortage a couple of years ago prompted me to think again. For months stuff like 9mm, 5.56 and 22LR were next to impossible to find in our AO. Surprisingly, .40 wasn't all that difficult to acquire. Not that I needed any -- I've still got 1,000+ FMJ in ammo cans, plus a couple of hundred in self defense loads. Still, I do like the idea of having a couple of guns that shoot a popular caliber (anybody remember Mel Tappan's Survival Guns? He's the bastard who's responsible for my obsession with The Rule of Twos).

You got me thinkin', though ... I do like the idea of a custom G26. I could get a custom slide, RMR it and keep the original for shooting .40 cal if/when I ever needed. (Though that scenario isn't likely, needles to say.) I could do the same with my G23 instead of milling the slide on my G19s. Holy crap ... that's a great idea!!!

Okay then ... good talk!
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

I have a used Gen 3 27 on layaway. I will be making it better with Suarez parts when I pay it off.

Never shot one, but I know I'll have a little more snappy recoil. That's not a big deal I think.

Quote Originally Posted by GemJedi View Post
    Love my G26 with RMR for everyday carry.

Attachment 51588
    What holster is that?
    God's dog, training to be a lion.

TheYellowDogProject...spread the word.

I'm really not seeing the virtue of selling the G27 I have and buying a G26. If I sell the G27 and buy a G26, I loose on the G27 and pay for the G26. If I keep the G27 and add a G26 upper, I have a gun with two guns and only pay for the G26 upper.

I WOULD consider trading my G27 upper and mags for a G26 upper. THAT seems to make the most sense. IF anybody has a G26 upper I'm interested. If you wanna trade my G27 upper for your G26 upper, I'll pay for shipping of both and include my mags.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    What holster is that?
    4cornersconcealment although they don't seem to be selling to the public anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Texican_gal View Post
    I have a used Gen 3 27 on layaway. I will be making it better with Suarez parts when I pay it off.

Never shot one, but I know I'll have a little more snappy recoil. That's not a big deal I think.
    For me,shooting my G22 or G23 with 155gr or 165gr loads is not much fun,due to the snappy recoil. When shooting 180gr loads it is a pleasure, more like shooting a 45 ACP pistol, without the snappy recoil.Let us know how you like your G27 when you get it.

I never noticed an appreciable difference between how the 26 and 27 shot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maxcarp View Post
    For me,shooting my G22 or G23 with 155gr or 165gr loads is not much fun,due to the snappy recoil. When shooting 180gr loads it is a pleasure, more like shooting a 45 ACP pistol, without the snappy recoil.Let us know how you like your G27 when you get it.
    That is helpful info!

I will for sure be changing that trigger out for an SI patrol trigger, as when I dry-fired it in the shop, I thought it was pretty mushy.

If you want a 26, why not sell the 27 and get a 26? It seems like it would be much cheaper to sell that one or trade it for what you want than to buy the parts to convert.