Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good fun video and I think both of them were having fun with it. There were multiple times where the Mountain, had is strikes been full force would have ended the action.

Technique can only overcome so much.

If the lesser had been able to overcome the greater there have been no need for the development of weapons. This as true in hunting as it is combat.

r

It is extremely hard to beat brute strength and size without a weapon. Having fought in the ring with opponents twice my size I was humbled fast. Don't believe what you see in movies. Train hard, but realize you have limits unless you are built like a mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by darkharvestmoon View Post
    It is extremely hard to beat brute strength and size without a weapon. Having fought in the ring with opponents twice my size I was humbled fast. Don't believe what you see in movies. Train hard, but realize you have limits unless you are built like a mountain.
    Yeah, people like to pretend size and weight disparity doesn't matter. But that's why they have safety rules and weight classes in the ring.

IRL, we have no rules, and we have weapons. Only a fool at 180lbs would go hands on with a 300lb man, instead of using a weapon...if he had a choice. Always throw the "cheap shot" first, and always use a weapon if one is readily available.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

I recall one little gal , 5 feet tall maybe 90 lbs soaking wet and a little cranked out. Our own personal mountain went to take her into custody he was 7'2" and 300 lbs. She kicked him hard in the balls and he fell......... on her........ breaking several of her ribs. Size matters.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    I recall one little gal , 5 feet tall maybe 90 lbs soaking wet and a little cranked out. Our own personal mountain went to take her into custody he was 7'2" and 300 lbs. She kicked him hard in the balls and he fell......... on her........ breaking several of her ribs. Size matters.
    That's one way to do it...

Sorry..but my Hap Kido...grand master is 170 pounds soaking wet and he pummeled guys twice his size and height.
    It's a matter of strategy..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PRDubi View Post
    Sorry..but my Hap Kido...grand master is 170 pounds soaking wet and he pummeled guys twice his size and height.
    There are exceptional individuals who can do amazing things. But they are just that, exceptions.

Size, weight and strength always matter, even to those who are exceptionally skilled.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by PRDubi View Post

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Agree. Im not a great boxer by anymeans but I can dominate new guys to the gym who are much much bigger than me. On the flip side, big guys at my gym who have the fundamentals of boxing down are able to dominate me. Really makes clear to me the importance of training and carrying my concealed weapons every day.

Size and strength matters a lot, but do does speed, accuracy, skill, and the ability to be strategic and deceptive. The bigger and stronger the enemy is, the better you have to be in everything else.

On another site I saw a comment "Never mess with an old guy--he'll just kill you". Lotta wisdom there.
    "Immigration--selling America to the lowest bidder"