Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,686
    I want to see all of the 1911s, Berettas, M-1 Carbines and M-1 Garands THAT I HELPED PAY FOR put into public purchase via CMP. It would be wonderful to have the 1986 "new machinegun" ban lifted and give all of the M-2s Carbines, M-16s, M-14s, M-60s, Ma Duces, Brownings, grease guns, Thompsons, HKs and even Reisings be purchasable with a 4473, better yet, doing away with the GCA of 1968 and returning to the glory days of mail order guns.

    My delusional wet dream posted under the influence of nostalgia for freedom,
    Choirboy

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Leesville LA
    Posts
    2,261
    Not agreeing with this article but it says the p320s could be sold for as little as $203.00 a piece

    https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/six...ht-choice-mhs/


    Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

    KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
    I want to see all of the 1911s, Berettas, M-1 Carbines and M-1 Garands THAT I HELPED PAY FOR put into public purchase via CMP.
    CMP is selling Garands. Carbines when they get them. 1911s are approved, I suspect we'll see those late in 2017 or early in 2018. Berettas? Congress would have to amend the CMP charter, but it's not unthinkable.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    CMP is selling Garands. Carbines when they get them. 1911s are approved, I suspect we'll see those late in 2017 or early in 2018. Berettas? Congress would have to amend the CMP charter, but it's not unthinkable.
    I like carbines for teaching young girls. They do not feel intimidated by size or recoil. It is easy to see what is wrong if the gun jams. Ammo has been pricy compared to 5.56. Garands are still my favorite range toy. They bring back good memories from when Dad was alive. When I was a kid all we regularly shot were Mausers and Garands. Nobody ever told us they kicked. 8MM was 3 cents a shot. I have no idea how much of it and '06 I burned before I grew my short hairs.

    Tripping down nostalgia lane,
    Choirboy

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    217
    https://www.armytimes.com/articles/g...or-new-handgun

    Having been in the Army, I've got my fingers crossed for glock.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    central texas
    Posts
    42
    I liked the Sig Pro 2022 built for the French f--wads. good shooter but too complicated for anyone who has to pull slide stop pin for disassembly while slugging a bottle of pinot and screwing cheap street hookers.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southeast United States
    Posts
    439
    For what it's worth, my local shop just got in two P320s in .45, one in FDE. Didn't know that unicorn even existed.

    If I was (were?) starting over, I'd at least consider this series. My only concern is the trigger ... it's pretty light, which is both good and bad. Call me a fuddy duddy, but I kinda like the Glock trigger safety, especially for concealed carry.
    20170311_143110(0).jpg
    Last edited by Redneck Zen; 03-17-2017 at 07:11 PM.
    Redneck Zen
    "Be careful what you get good at."

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    McKinney
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Zen View Post
    For what it's worth, my local shop just got in two P320s in .45, one in FDE. Didn't know that unicorn even existed.

    If I was (were?) starting over, I'd at least consider this series. My only concern is the trigger ... it's pretty light, which is both good and bad. Call me a fuddy duddy, but I kinda like the Glock trigger safety, especially for concealed carry.
    ATTACH=CONFIG]51917[/ATTACH
    Is the frame the same?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deep in the heart of Texas
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    Is the frame the same?
    Those two frames are identical except for the color. The 9/40/357 frames (actually the grip module) are different to handle the different size magazine needed for the 45.

    Unlike RZ I like a lighter trigger. Grayguns makes a replacement that drops about 2 lbs from the stock trigger pull.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    McKinney
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorM View Post
    Those two frames are identical except for the color. The 9/40/357 frames (actually the grip module) are different to handle the different size magazine needed for the 45.

    Unlike RZ I like a lighter trigger. Grayguns makes a replacement that drops about 2 lbs from the stock trigger pull.
    You answered it with the difference in the 9/40 and 45 frame. Makes this gun even less attractive by my eye. I see some credence to "one serial number" for a stack of caliber and size options. But this still isn't there for me.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •