Exclamation CRG 4 FOF APRIL 22-23 Evansville Indiana !

CRG-4: FORCE ON FORCE GUNFIGHTING
    APRIL 22-23, 2017
    EVANSVILLE, INDIANA

price: $400

INSTRUCTOR: RANDY HARRIS

Ever wonder what you'd do if a psycho with a knife charged at you? Or how you'd really handle a multiple adversary situation?
    FIND OUT FOR CERTAIN IN OUR INTERACTIVE GUNFIGHTING TRAINING!!
    Force on Force is the future of personal combat training. This course is Pure CQB Gunfighting Skills, and will connect what you do on the range with what you must do on the street to win a fight.
    Typical marksmanship-based gun training leaves many questions unanswered. There is a great deal that you still don't know about street combat if all you've done is shoot paper targets on a shooting range. Even the many "shoothouse" exercises at many gun schools are still woefully inadequate in preparing you for a street confrontation. But in this class, the training is pure street reality featuring high intensity, short duration combat at close range against live human beings with modern force on force technology. It is specifically designed for the private citizen and focuses on civilian street situations. Learn to defend against a single adversary bent on cutting you with a training knife, as well as against multiple adversaries suddenly drawing guns and firing at you. Learn what it takes to overcome home invaders, takeover robbers, hostage takers and active shooters! In today's environment, everyone has a need to know.
    The training is open to ALL civilian students AT ANY SKILL LEVEL, and is the sort of class you can attend over and over again to maintain your edge!! Fight-focused NOT Gun-focused!
    CLASS AND RANGE DETAILS
    DURATION: 2 days TIME: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
    AMMUNITION: Approximately 600 (Minimum) good quality biodegradable pellets. NO STEEL PELLETS
    RANGE & GEAR REQUIREMENTS: You MUST have a gas-operated airsoft pistol for this class. Electric or spring-operated guns are not suitable. A paintball mask/helmet, hooded sweatshirt and gloves are necessary.

NOTE: Bring an adequate supply of CO2, green gas or propane and silicon lubricant to charge up the pistols. An extra magazine is important in case there is a problem with the primary.
    Also Helpful
    Bring spare clothing appropriate for the weather, including a hat, sunscreen, and bug repellent. Plan to bring lunch, snacks, and water (min 1 gallon per person) for the entire day unless driving to lunch is a viable option from the range location. Bring allergy medication (if needed), a chair (if you prefer), note taking supplies, and a boo boo kit (band aids, gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, antibiotic ointment and tape). You may wish to bring pads such as knee pads, elbow pads, and gloves if the class lends itself to that.
    RANGE:
    Uncle Rudy's Indoor Firing Range
    5000 Plaza East Blvd
    Evansville, IN 47715
    812-962-7663
    http://www.unclerudys.com

Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Tennessee State Handgun Carry Permit Instructor
    Glock Factory Certified Armorer
    IDPA Master Class SSP, ESP, CCP, BUG
    Gung Ho Chuan Association

TRAIN with me....https://suarezinternational.com/sear...h_query=harris

Fundamentalist Christian Man at Arms

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

A good man who's done a couple of bad things along the way....

I'm humbled to host Randy on behalf of Uncle Rudy's. Very excited about this class and I hope to meet some more WT members at class and even increase the tribe's population a bit by showcasing SI doctrine in Evansville. Our instructor staff and owners are very excited as well.
    Thomas N. Fuller II

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Uncle Rudy's Indoor Firing Range Instructor

This one is only about 11 weeks to go!
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Joel 3:10 - Beat your plowshares into swords , and your pruning hooks into spears; train even your weaklings to be warriors.

Through HIS power I can walk on water..IF I just have the faith and courage to get out of the boat.

This one is getting closer every day .
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Coming up THIS WEEKEND!

If you are not doing FOF training you are not getting the whole picture. Unless you have practiced against a live opponent then you just have no real feel for how fast things actually happen and how little standing still shooting tiny groups has to do with winning an actual fight. This is that chance to get training experience against live opponents and streamline your training by knowing better what you should really be training for.

Hope to see you there!
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

Something from a while back that still applies today.....

A student and I were discussing what class had made the biggest impact on him in his training. He is one of those guys who has taken multiple classes (some more than once). We discussed the various shooting classes and what he had learned, but the classes that had the biggest impact on how he trains are the force on force classes. Always curious I asked him "why?". The answer was that while all the shooting classes are packed with tons of information and are a great way to get really good at shooting they can not really represent the real thing as well as Force on Force training does. After all, he said, shooting paper targets is very similar to kata in martial arts or maybe hitting the bag in boxing, but sparring is the ONLY way to experience in training what the fight will be like, how fast it moves and for you to determine whether what you are doing will work against a live thinking breathing and probably moving opponent. Like Bruce Lee said...boards don't hit back....paper does not shoot back.

I asked him then why it is that he thinks that more people do not avail themselves of the opportunities to take force on force classes. After all, 30 years ago civilians really had very few opportunities to experience that kind of training. Even 20 years ago it was not widely available. About 10 years ago several forward thinking progressive minded trainers began offering this in open enrollment classes that you did not have to be police or military to attend. I was one of those guys who realized that while shooting cardboard and paper helps develop shooting skill, it is only a portion of the complete package. And unless you are doing some kind of force on force training you are just doing kata and hitting the bag. In fact that is a major reason I chose to first train with that crazy Suarez guy who was letting students shoot each other with airsoft guns and stab each other with training knives.I already knew how to shoot , and I had already had used a gun to defend myself. But I sought out further training and specifically force on force training because I knew how much more there was to know and how small a piece of the puzzle I had mastered. I wasn't looking to train at things that make me feel like bitchin' guy, I was looking for training to win fights.

If we are training to win fights ...then we need to know what they look like and how fast they happen and adjust our training to develop skills that prepare us to dominate those encounters. Notice I did not say "survive". If you are only interested in surviving a deadly encounter then you are in the wrong place here . We teach people to dominate these encounters and not just survive but to win.....losers often survive. We want to win.

So as to my question, he replied saying that it might be that people do not feel they are going to like a class where there is no live fire. Gun people like to shoot and maybe the lack of live fire is a turnoff. We also discussed whether it might be an issue of fear of embarrassment. Many in the gun world are heavily invested in "the way we have always done it" and are deep down afraid that their skills will be found lacking when tested. But then isn't it best to be tested in a training environment where no one gets killed for real if they fail? You usually learn a great deal from "being killed" but if it is REAL when that happens you don't get to practice what you learned ever again. And after all. isn't the object of training to LEARN, and failure is often one of the best motivators and teachers? But maybe some fear embarrassment more than death I suppose....

When I asked why he felt the interactive FOF classes (FOF, Zero To Five Feet, Low Light FOF, CQB) were such a great value he replied "Where else can you get in a hundred gunfights in a weekend and still go to work Monday morning?". You know back in the early days you had to get in REAL gunfights to gain experience. Now with the availability of realistic airsoft pistols and open enrollment force on force classes anyone with the mind to can take it to the next level and begin to see what the interaction of a gunfight is like and see what they REALLY need to spend their live fire training working on. They get to see just how fast things happen and how little time they have to make decisions and how if you are trying to make conscious thought decisions (full OODA cycles) while reacting to an assault there will not be time to react quickly enough. In fact, the FOF class epiphany is really how fast things happen and how we need to work on recognizing an attack about to start in order to give ourselves every advantage we can. If the first time we ever see someone give off all the classic cues of an impending criminal assault and then see them reach under their shirt for their belt line is when it is for real then we may not even recognize what is happening until it is too late. But having seen it in training we are more likely to recognize it.

This brought up another point as Force on Force training as stress inoculation. If all your training is done in a friendly laid back environment with no stress yet your deadly encounter takes place in a dangerous place filled with fear and uncertainty then your mental rolodex really does not have an answer for solving the problem at hand since you have not encountered it before and you will most likely dwell in the Orient phase of the OODA cycle so long that you fall victim to what we call "paralysis by analysis". When suffering from paralysis by analysis you desperately seek a solution for something you have no context for solving. There is no answer for this because you have never seen this before and you are essentially a mental bystander to the situation and time you should spend doing something is sucked up being a spectator.

It is true that you cannot replicate every possible scenario in training, but being involved in a dynamic training exercise that allows you to experience someone launching an attack on you puts you far ahead of the curve when you start to see those same signs again when it is real. As I say all the time....the first time you see someone reach for a gun or knife does not need to be when it is for real and when crippling injury or death is a very real possibility. So if people are afraid to get out of their comfort zone and train interactively then how do they expect to be able to prevail in a real encounter short of luck or incompetence on the part of their attacker? I'm all for being as lucky as I can be...but luck is not a strategy...it is happenstance. And those who are afraid to get out of their training comfort zone need to remember.....when someone pulls a gun or knife on you for real that is not a very comfortable zone to be in....

So why is it then that more people do not avail themselves of the opportunities to take force on force classes? One would think they would all be filled up with a waiting list 3 months in advance if that is where the biggest epiphany is found and where we learn what REALLY works in a fight where the bad guy does not just stand still like a paper target. Yet we generally still have open spots in Force on Force classes and for the life of me I cannot understand why........

What do you guys think?
    NRA Certified Instructor

AKA - CRUEL HAND LUKE

I am frustrated with having 4 co-workers who could possibly cover my weekend, and none of them able. The one who was going to quit. F O F tests pride more than anything else.

Sent from my LG-K120 using Tapatalk
    Soli Deo Gloria

Having taken 0-5 recently with Randy, not only did I learn techniques that would fare better, I also disproved techniques that I thought were functional. It's not just learning new stuff that is valuable, but also working to remove bad programming that you've been carrying around.
    Thomas N. Fuller II

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Uncle Rudy's Indoor Firing Range Instructor