Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    What about BIG bad cats, remember everything and everyone when in LL/NL will instinctively look at a light that suddenly flashes.

Point being is have SG ready and basically aimed before switching light on for very very very short time.

Target looses night vision and you gain surprise on target that maybe needs removing now!!!!

Would not sweep light side to side, but with light off move left or right.

In my experience, on an actual target...not just searching for one...if you illuminate, you usually also fire.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

When I was new to guns, I was heavily influenced by the Crimson Trace marketing. I figured the ultimate pistol would always have a visible laser, instinctively activated.

Now, I think the best use of a visible laser is for those situations where you have somebody you MIGHT have to shoot, but not yet. I've heard about soldiers using them to great effect on vehicles approaching roadblocks. It's a pretty effective way of saying "DO WHAT I SAY NOW OR I WILL SHOOT YOU!"

However, I imagine that scenario is much more likely to occur in law enforcement scenarios than non-LE. As has been said before, if you are a private citizen and you have reason to have your gun out and point it at somebody then you probably should just be pulling that trigger and not trying to convince the target to give you a reason NOT to shoot them. If you are hesitating because you want to avoid shooting them if at all possible, then you have a mindset issue that needs addressing.

That being said, I still figure it's a "why not?" item as opposed to "gotta have it". Something like a LaserMax doesn't take up much rail space and you never know when you might want to have that option, especially in a more extreme scenario like civil unrest where you may want to show people you mean business without actually shooting them right away!

So if being used for that purpose, it's just as useful on a shotgun as a rifle or handgun.
    Last edited by mike135; 01-14-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    Multiple sighting systems are a GOOD idea as long as the most basic sighting system remains.......
    Iron Sights, plus red dot, plus laser - Excellent choices...but...A set of irons (and I confess to liking the ghost rings more than I used to), backed up by a red dot, and instead of a laser, a tight focused white light beam (one that mimics the shotgun spread up close), IMNSHO, works far better than a laser.
    YES

Funny how I coveted Ghost Ring sights when I didnt have'em. I still like them because they "arent there", they just appear, I guess thats from using a AR for so many years. What I have found is there are GOOD Ghost Ring sights and some really shitty ones. Some of the best are simple. The Mossberg version just seems too "Mossberg" to me--I never liked them.

Now Im really liking the Remington express sights. Yes part of that comes from familiarity, having used them a lot on Dangerous Game rifles. Its "just" a bead but with an easier (for me) reference point than the receiver top.

I never had any love for the factory rifle sights (including on their rifles), Im not sure why; but they just dont look right to me. They work fine I suppose, I just dont like them.

Default 590®SHOCKWAVE®– LASERSADDLE

I saw this in the Jan 2019 issue of the American rifleman. Not sure if it is useful or not
    590®SHOCKWAVE®– LASERSADDLE
    #50638 - 12GA , 14" BARREL – SHOCKW AVE RAPTOR GRIP
    AND CRIMSON TRACE®LS-250 LASERSADDLE
    mossbery sg laser.jpg
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

The Bumpfire Brigade will just cream their Tiger Stripes over this...add a bayonet and it will make them all forget their now illegal Poly 80 builds and long lost bumpfire stocks. Really popular in Texas back alley trash can wars as well I suspect.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The Borg Collective shotgun. Music, anyone?
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 11. And a wakeup.

The topic of lasers on shotguns is just, "meh" for me. Now if someday if we were talking flashlights on lasers, then I'd be, "Heck yeah!"

s-l300.jpg
    "Public employee unions are an inherently seditious construct"
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!