Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Item # 1. Just because I am about to buy some for my house, have any of you guys had experience with the "security films" on the market?

Item #2. Good info is where you find it. Firemen have more frequent window breaching than cops. I remember some of the videos from various Fire School Classes over the years. I am trying to find some titles, etc. Do not overlook a good resource like fire service training. I did ONE window breach as a cop. I did at least half a dozen as a FF with the Mayberry VFD.

Choirboy

So what would make the better gun duo for a modern man in suburban America? G19 and M4 or G19 and 870?

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    It's not about the posts, but why can I feel your hands on my shoulders Dr. Nichols ;)
    Turn your head and cough.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Pistol Groundfighting, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
    Item # 1. Just because I am about to buy some for my house, have any of you guys had experience with the "security films" on the market?

Item #2. Good info is where you find it. Firemen have more frequent window breaching than cops. I remember some of the videos from various Fire School Classes over the years. I am trying to find some titles, etc. Do not overlook a good resource like fire service training. I did ONE window breach as a cop. I did at least half a dozen as a FF with the Mayberry VFD.

Choirboy

Difference being that nobody wants to kill Emergency, while everyone wants to kill Adam-12.

You can take all manner of tactical shortcuts when those inside think you really are coming to help them.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    So what would make the better gun duo for a modern man in suburban America? G19 and M4 or G19 and 870?

It depends on your situation. Which would have been better in a medieval battlefield...a sword, a hammer, or an axe. The answer now, like then is...it depends.
    Gabriel Suarez

As Gabe said, it depends. For me, though, the rifle wins. I can envision too many scenarios where I am running fast and far, and engaging threats from ranges beyond what a shotgun can cover. My wife's bedside long gun is a shotgun, because she would hunker in place. Mine is a rifle, because I would go on the hunt.

Even if you determine that the rifle is the better tool for you, it still makes sense to develop skill with the shotgun and understand it. The world is littered with shotguns. In many nations, they are far less regulated than rifles. If you found yourself in Singapore, armed only with your wits, you could acquire a shotgun along the way if a true disaster arose.
    Virtute et Armis

Why limit oneself? The Witsec gun is very easily carried. There really is no reason that you shouldn't have all 3. One should not limit oneself to screws and screwdrivers when hammers and nails are a better choice at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"There really is no reason that you shouldn't have all 3."

Or all 4, as in two G19s.

It sounds almost like a shift back to the more classic thought of 12ga pump up close and accurate .30-cal rifle for reaching out, instead of using the .223 carbine for everything.

It sounds almost like a shift back to the more classic thought of 12ga pump up close and accurate .30-cal rifle for reaching out, instead of using the .223 carbine for everything.

No...not as far as I see it.
    Gabriel Suarez