Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    I will eventually tell the tale of a citizen that had to shotgun breach one of his own doors to reach a home invader locked in with one of his children. The breech was good, his aim was bad afterwards ( the suspect survived) and the conversations afterwards worthy of the killing within the law course ( I was the investigator on that one)
    Oh my lord! That is a remarkable story!

I'm sure there are multiple lessons to be shared ....

When you're ready to tell it, you will have our attention

I didn't know where to put this but just browsing a few leads I ran into this. It's a Factory 870 DM. It's Pump fed, twelve ga., 6 round magazine Shotgun. Just interesting is all. LINK It comes in six configurations.
    Last edited by fidalgoman; 02-10-2018 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Added Link
    Is God Politically Correct? If not should you be? - F. Huff -- God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don't let the newspaper headlines frighten you. God is still sovereign; He's still on the throne. - B. Graham -- No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority. - Robert A. Heinlein

Already discussed in other threads...
    http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...agazine-Tac-14
    Check 6,
    Air Pirate out.
    tw/ig: @SoCalAirPirate

"Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization."
    -Charles Lindbergh

"The skies are lovely, dark, and deep,
    but I have promises to keep,
    and miles to fly before I sleep..."

Just wanted to say that I have enjoyed this thread tremendously so far. I have recently added a couple of shotguns to my inventory and in the last several pages I have gotten loads of great information. Thanks, Gents.

Very interesting stuff. I really like the fact that you call out shotguns and rifles as different beasts altogether, where other people want to call out shotguns as just an obsolete progenitor of rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    One thing I will add, for you to consider...and to ponder given the events of the day (notably Sweden). When we were running our Surveillance work...the Stakeout work, we were very concerned about penetrating vehicles. The bodywork and the glass. Side glass is a non-issue...but front glass is another matter. Other than a 308...which we were not going to get, nor likely be able to deploy from a car if we had them...the only thing that reliably penetrated was a shotgun with Foster Slugs.

Pistol had little effect...and 223 had little effect.

Just Sayin.
    Keep in mind, many newer vehicles are now using laminated side glass in an effort to reduce NVH. Its something that needs to be evaluated for some venues.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO View Post
    Keep in mind, many newer vehicles are now using laminated side glass in an effort to reduce NVH. Its something that needs to be evaluated for some venues.
    I am not going to buy a car with new glass and shoot it so you guys can buy ammo that I do not sell. But I bet those slugs do a better job on the new "magic glass" than alternatives.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Just shoot through the door.... You shoot anything enough and it will eventually make it inside...

Quote Originally Posted by UNO View Post
    side glass does not sit at the same angles that windshield glass does, making it far easier to punch through. If I can send 00 buck through a car door, side glass isnt going to be a barrier.
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I am not going to buy a car with new glass and shoot it so you guys can buy ammo that I do not sell. But I bet those slugs do a better job on the new "magic glass" than alternatives.
    It's the same thing as a windshield, so I'd figure so. Nothing new about it, just applied on 4 sides of the car instead of 1. Newer Dodge Chargers have it, and many other Chrysler products, as well as a lot of the "luxury" brands. Just something to be aware of.