Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USPS problems

Hybrid View

Default USPS problems

I sent a G-19 frame to Suarez last week on 1/4/17 so Gabe could do his wonderful work. It was supposed to be delivered to Prescott on Saturday. When I tracked it I saw it had just left Denver, Co... Really? From SE Tennessee, up to Denver and then 800+miles back to Prescott? Well for 3 days now it's been coming from Denver and the postal service contacted me saying it should get to AZ by Wednesday. My goodness, are they using pack mules for transports now? I'm glad i insured the package but this is a little frustrating for a person with little or no patients. If they lose my package this is going to be bad... Hope you have a spare frame Gabe!

That's not uncommon with USPS. As long as it's being updated on tracking you shouldn't have any worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Solothurn View Post
    That's not uncommon with USPS. As long as it's being updated on tracking you shouldn't have any worries.
    Not being updated fast enough... the 8th at 1130am is the last update saying it left Denver. Shouldn't take that long to get to AZ. I'll give them till Wednesday afternoon. That should be way more than enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Solothurn View Post
    Yep... if you do this enough times, eventually a mistake is made and the shipped item will take "the scenic route." It happened to me once w/ a $2K 1911 I shipped, and again w/ a G20sf I bought. They both eventually made it to their intended destinations, but not without some sweating on my part. This is why I always pay for shipping insurance and tracking.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

yeah, it's insured and has tracking but this is frustrating

Weather can play a part in it too. I know there were delays back in the central part of the country due to storms. This time of year high winds can close down highways to large and high profile trucks even if smaller cars can pass. I had a number of trucks last week that had to reschedule due to that.
    Geek Warlord
    How do you want to do this?

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    Weather can play a part in it too. I know there were delays back in the central part of the country due to storms. This time of year high winds can close down highways to large and high profile trucks even if smaller cars can pass. I had a number of trucks last week that had to reschedule due to that.
    Hope that's the case. Never had a whole lot of patients for things out of my control...

I had a longbow coming to me from Montana, when we were still living in Northern Colorado...
    Took about three weeks to get it: went to LA, then New Jersey, Minnesota, New Mexico and finally Denver.
    Go figure.
    Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm

No doubt we ALL have problem stories from the USPO and NO Doubt they could do a better job; but I suspect they actually do a pretty good job considering all the junk mail I get...

What I do find frustrating is their tracking website, what a PIA POS!

In the middle of a fight with them right now over something my wife bought online. Shipped through FedEx, who dumped it on USPS, who dropped the ball in my hometown. Says delivered, but I watched the mail man pass by my house and just slowed down, didnt stop at my house. I frankly dont know why anyone still uses them for anything but letters... they barely get that right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    One God, Yahweh.