Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Interested to know if and if so, how your strategy would have differed faced with permanent survival, vs the circumstance of the show.

r
    I think the answer to your question can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyIN70iif_0
    And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Steven Spaugh

Pict - watched every episode of the all seasons. So far, I'm batting 100% on my "picks" winning :) Congrats on persevering through that. This thread has been amazing. I know it was mentioned earlier, but something I have noticed (and it may be because of editing) is that some people seem to draw extraordinarily lucky picks for location, in terms of food availability - and those people seem to be some of the first to tap out. Definitely one of my favorite shows, and glad it isn't scripted.

Pict,

I have read this whole thread and I am really impressed. I have yet to see any of the shows, but will now.

The longest I have been in a survival situation was a week. This was while I was at Mountain Warfare School in the Corps. After going through a whole bunch of classes including rock climbing, several of us did a week long survival. Before the week on our time off we explored and fished. Very few people caught fish out there. There were a lot, they just were not taking the bait. One of the times I was exploring a lake I saw crayfish and so I started catching them hand over fist. When I went on the week long survival instead of trying to catch fish, I just went after crayfish and did pretty good. Weather wise we were pretty lucky. warm during the day and cold at night, but no rain. That was a long time ago and I have gotten very soft since then. At my current state I could not do what you did. Not sure I could what you did even when I was in my prime. Great job!

Red
    Common sense is not a common virtue!