Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    So....how about a mesa adapter, a kak extension tube, and a shockwave "arm brace" on a PGO 26" shotgun?
    Never said it was a pistol. Simply that the arm brace is an aid to one handed shooting. And those who feel the need could add that configuration. Other is other.
    Boss I completely agree. Its NOT a pistol. I think the arm brace or stubby tube is a workable idea especially for folks who want a vertical type pistol grip. An additional benefit of the subby tube is that the barrel can then be shortened to 12" (cut to the end of the barrel nut) and still maintain the 26"OAL

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    I have not gone looking for where I found it again; but someone, somewhere put a sig brace on one and it was found to be violation as it's a PISTOL stabilizing brace. And as a shotgun cannot be a pistol, it caanotnlegally be attached to a shotgun. The shockwave may well be classified differently, as well as presenting it to the ATF could be done more creatively. I don't have first hand info on this and I'm nothing resembling an authority on the matter. Just a friendly "tread lightly" as you move forward.
    Hahaha, I was thinking of the Black Aces but couldnt recall the name...

You know I really wanted to like their toy; but they Fd it up by insisting on using a Mossberg and the box mag. I just cant get past why they would choose a Mossberg over a Rem870. The box mag sounds great, except it makes it difficult to operate the slide, so they put a vertical grip on the slide BUT its twisted to the left--making the gun useless if you have to transition to left handed shooting....then theres the whole issue of where/how do you carry spare ammo... Cool idea just not quite finished.

Now if they could use the buffer tube to encase the recoil mechanism of a semi auto shotgun???? THAT would really be cool

Geek Warlord
    How do you want to do this?

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

Gabe, just gimme the pistol gripped shotgun already. Put it on the site, I got the funds.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing." Darth Vader

IDPS, DOK, TMCO, FVGF, CPM, CRM, SCPIS, TASI

TWOTU Since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mervo View Post
    Gabe, just gimme the pistol gripped shotgun already. Put it on the site, I got the funds.
    It already is.

http://www.onesourcetactical.com/chr...--shotgun.aspx
    Geek Warlord
    How do you want to do this?

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

Adding the buffer tube/stabilizing brace will give more points of contact, but take away from the compactness.

Most recoil spring systems in semiauto stocks are too long for the buffer tube, and more angled than I've seen on buffer tube adapters.
    Not to mention, they don't come PGO only, so the only way to get around sbs category is to start with a Virgin receiver.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations
    Class II/ 07 SOT Manufacturer
    Glock Advanced Armorer

Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

The old SAS subgun technique...pulling against a sling works just as well on a pistol grip shotty as it does on an MP-5 provided the user regularly visits "The SMALL arms repair shop"

So what I'm saying guys is that at room length (plus a little) engagement distances, you don't need a stock or a "brace", a sling and man strength arms and hands will do fine.
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

Quote Originally Posted by SUA SPONTE View Post
    The old SAS subgun technique...pulling against a sling works just as well on a pistol grip shotty as it does on an MP-5 provided the user regularly visits "The SMALL arms repair shop"

So what I'm saying guys is that at room length (plus a little) engagement distances, you don't need a stock or a "brace", a sling and man strength arms and hands will do fine.

True. I learned a way that uses man strength without a sling which works pretty well. I will do a pictorial once my "Stake Out Shotgun" is properly set up.
    Gabe Suarez

“Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The range FUDs with their "non shotguns without stocks as you will lose you arm and cannot control where the shot goes" put me off shooting my Remington pump with the Choate folding stock closed. One day I went for it with Hornady tac buckshot. No problems.
    Last edited by gssc; 01-01-2017 at 12:47 PM.

True. I learned a way that uses man strength without a sling which works pretty well. I will do a pictorial once my "Stake Out Shotgun" is properly set up.
    Right on brother....I have a compact shotty project waiting for me to get home from Africa too.
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu