Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It the bottom one a Windlass Bowie?
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

Benjamin Yep the D guard bowie. Hope that helps man!

I was surprised how the 3V master hunter took one tap to the side with the point pounded into a log and snapped like that personally. The mossberg 420 and boker bandit 440 did the same thing (the bandit is a much thicker blade).

The bear 788 held it's own.

it was 30 degrees.

I recognized the blade shape. I didn't notice the Master Hunter. I would have thought 3V could take that, I think Cold Steel did similar tests with their stainless blades in the past.
    "Why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away. An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as the king can." Benjamin Martin, The Patriot

yep me too. Might throw some blades in the freezer as the temps are rising again. Might shorten the master hunter with a cut off wheel to get a 3" drop point hunter. You'll notice the m21 CR steel snapped on the tip tests but the current tip held up. I want to saw a slot in a log and do some sideways pressure on the m16sf and m21sf.

That schrade in CR steel took one tap into ash and that chunk came out.

I will say that 3V might have been heated too hard? it held an edge very well through several animals and cardboard.

lol firestarter

this one look at the body...... edge is sharp sharp sharpl. differentially heat treated 5160....

There were plenty of blades (steels) that easily passed that "test" and are still in one piece.