Default Choirboy Series Usage

I agree with Brent on having a separate discussion thread on the Choirboy series usage. If a direct punch is not recommended then what is the best way to use a device like the Choirboy, Altarboy or the Confessor? Would you use a hammerfist or similar punch?

Make 'em eat it.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Someone on here did a video where they showcased the choirboy a bit.

I think he showed using it sort of like a "whipping" punch (kind of like what Systema teaches) and using the point to inflict cuts and gouges along with the impact.
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

I believe Chambers did that Video. I prefer to have about 8" of para-cord between my keys and the CB so I can use it like a sap/flail

Additionally, with the CB in one hand and a fist full of keys in the other it makes a pretty effective choking device.
    AKA: Fuzzy

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    Warlord of the TWOTU

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

I... need to experiement with that idea now. To the lab...
    - "When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

- We are what we do. You know who someone IS by what they DO. To do is to be...not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    I believe Chambers did that Video. I prefer to have about 8" of para-cord between my keys and the CB so I can use it like a sap/flail

Additionally, with the CB in one hand and a fist full of keys in the other it makes a pretty effective choking device.
    Yeah this thread sounds familiar...
    Geek Warlord
    How do you want to do this?

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

More to say on this but time is short today.

I recommend using the Choir Boy like a swat from a bear, rather than using it like a punch.

The other place where the Choir Boy shines is digging into bad guys that are clinching or holding you down. Grinding it against painful spots will make people move.

We will cover some of this in Pistol Ground Fighting.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

I have been playing with it in a hammer fist. Think of something similar to a choke but, used the pointed end against the neck, the collar bone or any area close in a pressure point. Could just use it in the hammer fist strike and strike just about anywhere with the point. Even against a grab, hammer fist down onto a forearm or bicep. Think of some of the knife techniques and the angles of attack against someone's arm coming in. Striking the back of a hand to break a hear hug. Ohhhh, the possibilities.
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt