Default GLOCK PDW: THE SAFETY AND THE MAG RELEASE

Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I saw this video yesterday on YouTube when you posted Glock PDW 2 here. I know youre getting a lot of questions about the safety, so let me add one more; Whats your opinion of the need for the safety on Glocks that are carried with the brace separate, as in daily carry guns that will be used with the brace when necessary; but most of the time are just carry guns?

I see the need for the safety (and extended mag release) when its in PDW mode.

If you are going to use the weapon as a PDW, it needs the safety and the magazine release. Period. My PDW is a dedicated PDW. I do not ever see the need to "reactively" brace up to go fight. If a fight is presented...proactive OR reactive, you draw and shoot the tangoes in the face. I will bet if you wait to "brace the Glock", the party will be over before you join it.

If you do not want to add these items, your only recourse is to REMOVE THE BRACE and holster the pistol. Dangling NPE holsters are stupid.
    Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I do not ever see the need to "reactively" brace up to go fight. If a fight is presented...proactive OR reactive, you draw and shoot the tangoes in the face. I will bet if you wait to "brace the Glock", the party will be over before you join it.
    Agree.

It may not take long to brace it up, but those seconds are precious and better spent getting your eyes and muzzle on the target.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

This, and all shoulder weapons, are PROACTIVE WEAPONS. That means that you know there is going to be a fight and you purposely go and get the PDW, Rifle, or Shotgun (weapon chosen depending on the mission specifics, and not the power or perceived versatility of the weapon alone). When the fight is unexpected, or unplanned, if you take the time to GO AND GET anything, I guarantee you will not be taking a part in that fight.
    Gabe Suarez