Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    Bold below
    Thank you for the responses, I appreciate it.
    I take it since a flat back-strap eliminates the ability to use one of these, the 80% frames can't be used with one of these also?
    I looked at the pics carefully but there's no clear picture showing the mag well and/or if there is an opening there for the tab to fit into?
    I like the shape of the grip on those 80 % frames, it looks very close to a 1911 grip with a flat -spring housing and if so would be ideal for myself.
    I do not like the grip on a std glock 17, the curved back and the angle gives me a very poor grip otherwise I'd get a 17.
    The 19 doesn't feel anywhere near the same yet it seems almost the same as the 17 so I have no good reason to argue why I prefer the feel of the grip on one over the other.
    Perhaps it is simply using a 1911 and nothing else all these years has accustomed me to the grip on my 1911 and anything else feels unnatural.
    If that 80 % frame does work with the PDW then I'd likely do that, I'd prefer to not start cutting or modifying if I can avoid it.
    Something like this I'd prefer to have it as it was designed to go together but thats not always the situation.

I don't know about the 80% Glock frames; I don't intend to bother with them until they are available with steel slide rails front and rear.

If the grip shape bothers you, try the gen4 stuff, with or without different backstraps. The endo can be modified to fit the gen4 without too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    I don't know about the 80% Glock frames; I don't intend to bother with them until they are available with steel slide rails front and rear.

If the grip shape bothers you, try the gen4 stuff, with or without different backstraps. The endo can be modified to fit the gen4 without too much work.
    There of course is the 18 degree grip angle, but for me the only thing that the 80 % frame has going for it is the lack of serial number other wise the OEM frame is the best choice until proven otherwise. I am told that the new 80 % frames do have steel riveted at both ends instead bonded as they are in the oem frame. After a bunch of these go 30-50,000 then I might consider them as good as the oem.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

80% lowers are like Lone Wolf stuff.

Pure Crap.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Tried watching, get a "video unavailable" message. Where might I watch it?

For me...Glock mags belong in Glocks. If I am going to use an AR, I will run AR mags with rifle bullets in them. If I want a 9mm SMG, I will use a weapon designed for same.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I've had a little T&E with the Kriss Vector. It's the only platform not birthed by Gaston that seams to want to run Glock magazines. It's however enough of a different manual of arms from the AR that I don't want to put the time into it. I've found it to be unreliable (FTE) with 115gr 9mm. It really wants a can and 147gr to run in my limited experience.

I'm very interested in the Glock PDW concept that this community has pioneered and look forward to learning more here (and spending some time reading to catchup). I feel like I currently have the situational awareness of a brick. Forgive me if above comment is off base.