Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default THE GLOCK PDW - AN UPDATE

Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Very nice setup.

Are you still able to co-witness and use your RDS and the iron sights with the SilencerCo can installed?

Please, tell us more about the SI safety, your rationale, etc.

Thanks.
    - Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it comes to dominate our lives and interests."
    - Patrick Henry

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Intersting and I see the value proposition.

What is the reason behind the the thumb position when shooting? Is it to hold the safety off?

Quote Originally Posted by gssc View Post
    Intersting and I see the value proposition.

What is the reason behind the the thumb position when shooting? Is it to hold the safety off?

No reason...just what the arm position ends up with. The body works as a unit...not as individual parts.
    Gabe Suarez

The only other "safety" mechanism that I can think of that would be significantly cheaper and certainly involve no gunsmithing on a Glock would be an NPE-type holster to just cover the trigger/trigger guard area.

The manual of arms for it would be a bit more kludgy than a thumb safety however ... ie, what do you do with the NPE while it's not in use? Is it attached to a lanyard? Would that cause it to be dislodged while moving with the PDW on the sling?

The thumb safety would be a much more elegant solution.

Mine

Quote Originally Posted by PastorM View Post
    The only other "safety" mechanism that I can think of that would be significantly cheaper and certainly involve no gunsmithing on a Glock would be an NPE-type holster to just cover the trigger/trigger guard area.

And what are you going to do? Have the significantly cheaper (and clumsier) NPE type holster dangling off the weapon swinging around like an elongated nutsack?

The manual of arms for it would be a bit more kludgy than a thumb safety however

Not...it would clumsy as hell and you wouldn't use it...and then you would have an AD when you tried to use the system like a PDW and not like a holstered pistol

... ie, what do you do with the NPE while it's not in use? Is it attached to a lanyard? Would that cause it to be dislodged while moving with the PDW on the sling?

The thumb safety would be a much more elegant solution.

Yup...that is the plan.
    Gabe Suarez

I can think of a whole lot of situations where that would take care of things. Not to mention as stated it makes your daily carry into something very close to 'one-size-fits-all'

Several questions:

1. that will work on the glock 19 also?

2. that suppressor, does it require a booster? I was trying to see if there was a booster on the end of the barrel but couldn't tell.

3. IF that setup also works for a 19, no booster is required on the 19 for a suppressor also?

4. The arch on the back of the grip, if that is removed or the grip is flattened such as on a std 1911 flat spring housing, that "brace" will not work as there's no lower attachment point?

Bold below

Quote Originally Posted by wil View Post
    I can think of a whole lot of situations where that would take care of things. Not to mention as stated it makes your daily carry into something very close to 'one-size-fits-all'

Several questions:

Yes, with minor modifications. Several of us are using these on Glock 19 pistols. You have to drill a new pin hole in the Endo; the G19 lanyard hole is higher than the G17 of course. Gen 4 pistols can be used as well with a little more modification to the Endo, I've posted pictures in several threads here.

2. that suppressor, does it require a booster? I was trying to see if there was a booster on the end of the barrel but couldn't tell.
    Pretty much all semi-auto centerfire pistol suppressors, unless they weigh less than ~3 oz, require a booster to function a Glock and most other semi-auto pistols. (Beretta 92 pistols are an exception, sometimes.) Most pistol suppressors are sold with boosters.

3. IF that setup also works for a 19, no booster is required on the 19 for a suppressor also?

4. The arch on the back of the grip, if that is removed or the grip is flattened such as on a std 1911 flat spring housing, that "brace" will not work as there's no lower attachment point?
    Correct, you need that space inside the backstrap to attach the Endo.

Quote Originally Posted by wil View Post

Several questions:

There are a few other threads on the topic of the G19 and the brace. I think it even includes pics.

The Endo adapter does not fit the Glock 19 without alteration.

The nub that connects to the backstrap of the grip is too large and must be filed or sanded down to fit the Glock 19, then a new hole drilled a few eighths of an inch above the manufacturer's hole in the nub for the attachment pin.

It is not a hard task to do so long as you take it slowly and don't remove too much material.

The ENDO set up has quenched all desire to buy any 9mm carbine or AR style Glock mag build. It's stupid simple and works. I have 3 ENDO's now. One is cut for the G19 and has a folder on it and rides with me everywhere. The other 2 are fixed tubes set up for home use. I gave one to my son for his G17 and the other sits on my SI G34 next to the bed with a surefire on it.

DO IT!!!!!!

JB