Default Confessor question

Those of you who have a Confessor, when going through an airport, do you attach your confessor to a keychain?

I don't have the Confessor, but attach my Choirboy to my keychain before having my carry on x-ray'd.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017

Steve,

That was my line of thinking but the Choirboy is more sized like a bottle opener whereas the Confessor has a larger profile. I just received my Confessor this afternoon and love the size and weight of it. As a fistload, it has a good deal of substance to it, my only concern is whether it would still look more like a bottle opener or scream brass knuckles to the TSA guy looking at it.

From a patrol cop perspective, the choirboy looks like a bottle opener at first glance (especially on a keychain) and a weapon at a second glance. The confessor is the other way around. If I had to choose which to fly with, I'd be more comfortable with a choirboy getting through.

Milhouse,

Thank you for your reply. I had a feeling looking at the Confessor that it might not get through in an airport. In that case, I will keep it in checked luggage.

I do have a question regarding usage, I remember a post sometime ago where it was mentioned that you do not want to use the choirboy series in a direct punch since it can cause damage to your wrist. How would you use it?

I've put my keys on my Choirboy and have flown a few times. No issues. Even through San Francisco, where there is always some kind of issue.
    VIRES HONOR VIRTUS FIDES

Quote Originally Posted by arvind View Post
    I do have a question regarding usage, I remember a post sometime ago where it was mentioned that you do not want to use the choirboy series in a direct punch since it can cause damage to your wrist. How would you use it?
    This is worth a separate thread.

I have no time The next couple days for that but it's a good discussion for someone to start.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

In this link is a thread in which John Chambers uses a choirboy on some pork. I think it conyeys the technique well. http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...ings+overwatch
    "No matter how bizarre and extreme the teachings of the man-haters becomes, it doesn't really matter. Because when it comes right down to it, we can kill them and eat them. And they know this." -LawDog

"Don't like how I live my life? There's plenty of other people in the world. F*ck off and go bother them."
    -Glock45

Quote Originally Posted by DopeForWind View Post
    In this link is a thread in which John Chambers uses a choirboy on some pork. I think it conyeys the technique well. http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...ings+overwatch
    Dope,

This was exactly what I was looking for. I would expect that the same technique would work for the Altarboy given that it has a slight point to it similar in some respects to the choirboy. Would you say that this could work for the Confessor as well? Is this also how brass knuckles were used? I ask because the Confessor strikes me as being similar to brass knuckles not exactly in shape but in terms of gripping it. When I grip it, due to having smaller hands and thinner fingers, I can grip it with three fingers and put my thumb on the top portion of it to anchor it.

FWIW, exec plat flier here. Mostly CONUS, some international. CB has never even been looked at. Not on a key chain, just loose in backpack with other gear. The change I store in my sack gets pulled and combed through regularly. I tend to store it in a zip lock so they can find it faster in an external pocket. The empty sack never gets a second look. I did fly with it filled once. Agent emptied it, pawed through the change, then helped me refill it, commenting that I must do a lot of laundry.