Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Shoes

Default Fighting Shoes

Yesterday I was running to the mailbox to put something in before the mail lady came. I had a waiting room full of people and it was cold so I ran at a dead sprint. Next thing I know, I'm flying through the air. My Croc shoe had snagged on the gravel and come off. As I flew gracefully through the air. I realized this wasn't going to end well. I tucked my extremities and plowed cannon-ball style into the gravel. Not good. All in all, it could have been worse, I'm not moving very fast today and have some road rash but I didn't break anything.

We think and talk a lot about EDC around here...which gun, which blade, which multi-tool... For me, shoes I can run in just went to the top of the list of EDC "must haves".

Doc
    Last edited by DogDoc; 11-29-2016 at 01:42 PM.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

My go to's are Asics Gel Cross Trainers. I tie them loose enough to slip on, slip off. Its still tight enough to run in. I like Crocs too for around the house.

CRG-Suarez International Combat Pistol Instructor

SIG SAUER CERTIFIED ARMORER M400, 516, 716, M4, AR15, M16

Any of the Keen hiking boots or shoes, work for me. Heavy duty and comfortable, they also come in waterproof models. They also last longer than most that I've used. Customer service was good the one time a pair started coming apart a bit prematurely.
    "Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"
    Thomas Jefferson

Seen on Bumper Sticker:
    I may be an old dog
    But I can still bury a bone

CRG2- 2016

Good shoes are such a given to me that it's not something I even think about. But shoes are our tank treads, so it's absolutely a part of our "fighting platform" and I'm glad that Doc raised this.

I don't step out of the house without shoes I can run in. That doesn't mean I always wear combat boots (we don't have to be nazi about this, just wear something serviceable).

I usually wear some kind of light hiking shoes. I also wear cowboy boots a fair amount, which are not ideal. But They are good for stomping on people and I put up with them cuz I like em. the important thing is that I can still run.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Crocs? Seriously? I don't step outside the house in shoes that I can't run and fight in. I won't even wear loafers. My dress shoes all lace up and have rubber soles. Alaska follows the culture of removing your shoes when you enter someone's home. It's not Shinto; it's just that we track a lot of snow and mud around otherwise. So slip-on shoes are popular here. My wife is perpetually exasperated as I lace up my Danners every time I have to go in or out of the house, but I'm not going to die in a pair of slippers.
    Virtute et Armis

Merrill, Keen, Solomon - all rugged and easy to run in.
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I usually wear some kind of light hiking shoes. I also wear cowboy boots a fair amount, which are not ideal. But They are good for stomping on people and I put up with them cuz I like em. the important thing is that I can still run.
    This is me, exactly. Merrell Barefoot or Trail shoes in the summer; Merrell Moabs hiking boots in the cooler/colder months. BUT... I love my Ariat boots, I have several pairs and wear them quite often. I've found the Ariat Work Hog square-toe boots w/ the Vibram soles to be a fair compromise btwn mobility and cowboy boots, and they are muy comfortable... but they still take a back seat to the Merrell hikers when it comes to mobile and supportive fighting footwear.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Crocks are the syphilis of foot wear.
    AKA: Fuzzy
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    #thinkinginviolence

Always entertaining, mildly offensive

IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

I use Crocs for house slippers... but I keep a pair of UA boots next to the bed.
    Waitin' for a squeeze...

TWOTU Since March 2012

DPS
    CRG
    AR15/M4 RGF
    HRO-6 CQB
    HRO-7 Team Tactics
    HITS-8 Knife

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I'm not going to die in a pair of slippers.
    THIS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    Crocks are the syphilis of foot wear.
    Ok I'm stealing that. I've already used it twice.

Don't worry, I give credit on these kind of things.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.