Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Houston force on force airsoft training field

This weekend I went out with some friends to an indoor airsoft field called Highground airsoft. The facilities they have are all designed around CQB and replicate inside a shopping mall or the hallways of a house/office. The place is huge to say the least. Got a chance to practice some pistol as well as rifle work. It was a great learning experience and near the end of the day I was consistently being able to clear rooms effectively and knock out several of the opposing team before going down. I have yet to take any classes on CQB but being able to actually see and experience the techniques vs. reading or watching them is an eye opener. This would be a great place to host training for force on force classes or if you just want to get out and give it a go yourself.
    grabbed a few pics off the web
    11374241_1639169119673751_592756091_n.jpg
    If you look at the map that open middle area is where the above picture was taken for a size reference
    11419023_1886400028252711_871101511_n.jpg
    * "NO Reserves, NO Retreats, NO Regrets"
    -William Borden

*Faith, Firearms, and Fitness

I live not far from there, going to have to check it out. Did you go on a normal "free play" day? Did you have a private group or just go to town on the public?

Tagging @Jon Payne for possible FOF class interest here
    You shouldn't be thinking 'oh God, I'm in a gunfight', you should be saying 'THANK GOD I'M IN A GUNFIGHT!' " - Gabe Suarez

"The man becomes the weapon, everything else is a tool" -Sonny P

My teenage daughter went to a birthday party there so I jumped in and had fun getting shot repeatedly by junior high kids. I learned that people really do aim at your gun and that you should really, really wear gloves when participating in this activity. OUCH! I got hit numerous times on my hands at close range. I wasn't sure the welts/bruises on my fingers were ever going to go away. It was a lot of fun, but it was pretty much every man for himself. Couldn't really organize any type of teamwork. It would be fun to try it with people who were interested in working on team tactics.

I also learned to check your 6. They really liked to sneak up behind you and the layout of the building made that very easy to do.
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies" -- Groucho Marx

"The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence. --John Adams

We have a High Ground in Beaumont as well. I'd be happy to bring a FOF/CQB Fighting in Structures to Houston.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadet84 View Post
    I live not far from there, going to have to check it out. Did you go on a normal "free play" day? Did you have a private group or just go to town on the public?

Tagging @Jon Payne for possible FOF class interest here
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

TRAIN WITH PAYNE 2018

​CRG-1 Orange TX January 20-21, 2018

CRG-2 Orange TX March 10-11, 2018

Shotgun Gunfighting San Antonio TX April 14-15, 2018

GS-1 (modified) Kirbyville TX May 19-20, 2018

I' d attend that class, for sure!!!
    "The fundamental demand of warfare is killing.You kill your enemies until they surrender or until they're all dead".-Lt.Col Ralph Peters

I was there for the grand opening of that field last year top notch facility I've heard they've made a few improvements I would go more often but spring is quite a drive for me.

The field in Beaumont is much closer quarters on the ground floor more like the inside of an office getting shot there really hurts because it's always close.

The Spring location simulates a mall shopping center or department store as far as engagement distance goes

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by C.J. Singleton; 11-21-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Vet View Post
    I' d attend that class, for sure!!!
    +1

Be humble of character, warm of heart and kind. You will know when it's time to flip the switch and unleash the beast.

CAUTION: You can't fix stupid.....

I went with some friends (4 of us total). We did some loose teamwork for the first few round and once myself and the others that were there for the first time caught on to the dynamics and the flow of things we started to wreck shop haha. There were always two teams but you were more than welcome to team up in your own groups within the team. Most of the players there went solo and let their inner call of duty run and gun gameplay go wild (which never worked out too well). Teamwork is super important though if you want to go the distance. For example we had a 12 year old kid jump in with our team when a few of our guys were out. It was his first time but he followed directions and listened to feedback and he was able to get a few of the advanced guys out pretty easily.
    * "NO Reserves, NO Retreats, NO Regrets"
    -William Borden

*Faith, Firearms, and Fitness

Does this venue allow UTM " marker rounds "?
    Many are able, few are willing .

NV28

RGF,PSP,ACRG x 2,CRG x 2
    Intro PS Basics,Def Knife
    HITS-7 Vehicle Gunfighting Fundamentals
    TASI,CRG-3,M4 RGF
    Red Dot Pistol in S.A. Tx.
    Suarez Pistol Gunfighting School 10/13-15/2017 Houston, Texas.

what the name does of the facility in spring? im near there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk