Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That is the beauty of UTM. Training with Rifles from 1y to 50 yards. Using your Rifle. Again hitting with the pistol out toe 30yards/6in steel.

It has more uses besides FoF. Before you couldn't hold the shooter accountable for shots pat 7 yards with Simuntions or ATK.

The UTM is available to anyone now. You can get the "Target Marking Rounds" as a civilian. You can also go to a class and us the "Man Marker Rounds" with your same kit.

I will try to post some more soon as I will have some video after May 22, 2017. I am doing a 6 hour custom 6 hour Rifle Sparring class. If any SI alumni are interested I have a couple slots for May 22,2017 near Scappoose Or. Only cost is the UTM ammuntion.

I provide SI with their kits and ammo. Can help any SI tribe members get set up with their own kits for classes and even the UTM ammo. Hit me up via PM. Also can provide instructors with the restricted ammunition.

This is a great tool to add to your live fire regimen. Nothing like creating a 360 range, clearing and shooting targets in your own home or basement. Really the cost of ammo is right there close to frangible lead free ammo.

Too many CO2 guns have too many problems. I've switched quite a few folks that had the RAP stuff....There is no comparison. Top shelf training requires Top Shelf Gear !!

A UTM gunfight...Will post one later from the Suarez Combat Arms Instructor Program Certification Course. This is where learning occurs...Paper doesn't fight back!

Kamp
    Suarez International Tier 1 Instructor
    UTM Master Instructor Training Provider and Independent Dealer
    Kamp's Suarez International Training Schedule
    (and no, unfortunately it isn't the summer camp for our kids we all want to send them to)
    Pacific Tactical Website
    Facebook
    Twitter: @pacifictactical

"Progress comes to those who train and train; reliance on secret techniques will get you nowhere."
    Morihei Ueshiba

What are the options for civilians to purchase UTM gear? Can I just buy the conversation kit and some ammo, will nilly? Is everything bought via contract in large orders? Would someone like Suarez sell this gear in the store?Their website isn't super clear...
    You shouldn't be thinking 'oh God, I'm in a gunfight', you should be saying 'THANK GOD I'M IN A GUNFIGHT!' " - Gabe Suarez

"The man becomes the weapon, everything else is a tool" -Sonny P

I did some searching and I did find a site that appeared willing to sell to the pistol conversion units to civilians. I will not list it here since I do not know if Gabe plans to sell such. The AR15 conversion kit sales seem less restrictive.
    The biggie for me is

Can UTM Ammunition be reloaded? No, UTM ammunition is not reloadable.

So if i got an UTM conversion kit, I would still hang on to the air soft that I have for the economy of cheaper practice.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaCadet84 View Post
    What are the options for civilians to purchase UTM gear? Can I just buy the conversation kit and some ammo, will nilly? Is everything bought via contract in large orders? Would someone like Suarez sell this gear in the store?Their website isn't super clear...
    Delta, You can buy any of the UTM CTA stuff in as little or as much as you want. Suarez doesn't sell it but I do. Feel free to PM me. I sell to both LE, MIL, Professional Training Organizations, and anyone that can purchase a gun. I provide Gabe with his UTM Stuff.
    Kamp
    (and no, unfortunately it isn't the summer camp for our kids we all want to send them to)
    Pacific Tactical Website
    Facebook

"Progress comes to those who train and train; reliance on secret techniques will get you nowhere."
    Morihei Ueshiba

This UTM stuff is really cool looking. From my perspective, yes it is more expensive compared to airsoft, but it only compares to airsoft in the sense that you can train on actual people. Cost of UTM ammuntion isn't any worse than quality "real" ammuntion. Is there anyway that the conversion for the Glock can have a red dot mounted to it so that it matches a person's carry weapon?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    I have come hear to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I am all out of bubble gum.

I'll be your huckleberry. Doc Holiday

Boards don't punch back. Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    This UTM stuff is really cool looking. From my perspective, yes it is more expensive compared to airsoft, but it only compares to airsoft in the sense that you can train on actual people. Cost of UTM ammuntion isn't any worse than quality "real" ammuntion. Is there anyway that the conversion for the Glock can have a red dot mounted to it so that it matches a person's carry weapon?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    At this point, for the Glocks , the conversion doesn't allow the ability to cut for a Red Dot. Unless you have a Blue Glock 17T platform, it can be cut or use the L-mount.
    Kamp
    Pacific Tactical Website
    Facebook

Morihei Ueshiba

I have experience with the use of UTM on force on force training with UTM conversions. it have jam up on me for two reasons. Using of after market Glock magazines and over lubing UTM conversion. The open secret is that all UTM rounds are the same. I would use use UTM only for force on force training and nothing else due to cost.