Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    AND who knows...if Trump and Put in make friends...which I hope they do.....
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I think with trump's election the gun ammo world will likely change from a seller's market with panic driving buying being the driving force. Maybe the russians or someone else will start turning out decent 7,62x39 ammo that is not 2-3 dollars around like the current decent ammo tends to cost. I would more than happily pay 60-80 cents per round for decent ammo than 25 cents for low quality ammo. It really would not cost the russians that much more to put in better qc which is the problem with their ammo. Steel case is fine.
    Another unknown is the variation in ak groove and bore sizes. I wounder just how uniform are the ak barrels that have come factories all over the world. Relative to accuracy that might be an important factor and regardless of the ammo quality would result in poor grouping for some rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I think with trump's election the gun ammo world will likely change from a seller's market with panic driving buying being the driving force. Maybe the russians or someone else will start turning out decent 7,62x39 ammo that is not 2-3 dollars around like the current decent ammo tends to cost. I would more than happily pay 60-80 cents per round for decent ammo than 25 cents for low quality ammo. It really would not cost the russians that much more to put in better qc which is the problem with their ammo. Steel case is fine.
    Another unknown is the variation in ak groove and bore sizes. I wounder just how uniform are the ak barrels that have come factories all over the world. Relative to accuracy that might be an important factor and regardless of the ammo quality would result in poor grouping for some rifles.
    I've been well pleased with the Prvi Partizan for between 45 and 55 per round. Hotter and more accurate than pretty much anything else I've used in my VEPR.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I've been well pleased with the Prvi Partizan for between 45 and 55 per round. Hotter and more accurate than pretty much anything else I've used in my VEPR.
    Sounds like a good load. Do you know the velocity of the prvi partizan loads?

It is interesting that the Prvi Partizan is accurate in 7.62 x 39 because trying to zero a bolt action Remington 700 HB with their 308 is like chasing a Unicorn!
    GOOD GUY'S SHOOT AK'S!

The DOG HOUSE is my comfort zone!

Methinks not. I went to Cabelas today to take advantage of the sales on ammo. I arrived at 1045, and not only was I able to buy 30, 100rd boxes of 9mm and .223, but I appeared to be one of the few doing so. With a conservative in office, people just aren't freaked about shortages.

I've noticed similar quality in their 308 and 30.06 as well. I was hesitant at first, but it has turned out to he very accurate and reliable ammo.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Sounds like a good load. Do you know the velocity of the prvi partizan loads?
    I'm sorry, but I don't. I do know that it definitely feels hotter than anything else. Not hugely so, mind you, but noticeable.
    "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself." Augustine

"That upon which you set your heart and put your trust is your god." Martin Luther

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog6 View Post
    It is interesting that the Prvi Partizan is accurate in 7.62 x 39 because trying to zero a bolt action Remington 700 HB with their 308 is like chasing a Unicorn!
    My semi auto 308 doesn't really like their ammo much either. I've tried every variety I could find, and the worst was a 5 year old box of 175 grain that turned my rifle into a 5 MOA shooter at 100 yards. The 168 grain stuff was OK at around 1.5 to 2 MOA, and their 145 grain is serviceable, for what it is, at around 3 MOA or less.

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    I work at Cabela's and yes; we saw an obvious decline in firearm and ammo sales since the election. As for today, we didn't even sell all the Five-seven pistols that were on sale or the "doorbuster" ARs for $500. A few people took advantage of Remington's rebate on 9mm Ammo and bought 30-40 boxes (after rebate something like $6 a box). But no one, NO ONE, is buying cheap ARs and crates of Ammo since 2 weeks ago. Sorry to detail, just adding my $.2 on the current market.
    I expect the price drops to occur next year after xmas. People may no understand that the gun market has large stocks of merchandise on hand that can not be sold. I suspect there will be failures of some such businesses. Sort of a weeding out of the weakest.

I expect the price drops to occur next year after xmas. People may no understand that the gun market has large stocks of merchandise on hand that can not be sold. I suspect there will be failures of some such businesses. Sort of a weeding out of the weakest.
    Maybe the liberals can save the gun industry. New ad, buy the gun of the freedom fighter, the AK, to fight the religious, racist, and nationalist zealots of Trump.