Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
    No Uzi? I'm seriously considering selling mine to fund a Sterling....or a cannon.
    Had an UZI back in the day, sorta sorry I sold it; just cuz it takes the same mags as the AR SMG; but the AR is better... I do love my Sterlings though, side by side with a UZI, Id take a Sterling any day.

I can see the appeal. Certainly the ergonomics are better on the Sterling. I bought an Uzi in '06, sold it in '13 to fund buys in advance of the Maryland gun ban...and wound up buying another relatively cheap last year. The problem being that I have nowhere to shoot the blasted thing, even suppressed.

And the prices on full auto have gone through the roof lately. I could sell that gun and turn at least $2K profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post

And the prices on full auto have gone through the roof lately. I could sell that gun and turn at least $2K profit.
    Hahahaha I paid $335.00 for my STEN in 1980.... Back then M10s were $200 and Sionics suppressors were another $200. I had a dealer that would sell a pair for $350.00. A M16 went for maybe $1000 and Auto Ordance Thompsons even less. Then the 1986 ban came along and the prices went crazy.

Back then my E3 pay was a wopping $451 a month, so even the $200 tax mean t a lot of time sitting in the barracks when my buddies were going into town....

Shotguns, revolvers, and AKs.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Hahahaha I paid $335.00 for my STEN in 1980....
    Yup. I can remember Mac-11s being offered NIB for $700 in the late 1990s. Now, they're worth ten times that.

How did you shit heads turn a AK/AR thread into an SMG thread?
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

I shoot and really enjoy both platforms. The AK is simple, rugged, and super reliable. The AR is much easier to mount optics and suppressors. I would not feel at a disadvantage with either. My favorite rifle to shoot is my 100 series folder AK74.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I do see one advantage to the AK and that is relative to overall length versus barrel length. The AK has no buttstock located buffer tube. The AK with folding stock can be fired in that condition and does fit well into a tennis case grey man carry and no paper work being needed as is the case for an AR short barrel rifle.
    This benefit is significant to me. The racquet bag is my preferred method of discrete carry. I've still got a Sig 556 in the stable, and the AUGs have been my go-to guns for a while. Both platforms allow me to discretely carry a rifle that is not encumbered by the hassle of the NFA. If I only had to drive across state borders, I might be less bothered by the law. But I don't want to declare a checked bag with a gun that isn't accompanied by the appropriate paperwork. So non-SBRs are still an advantage to me.

The lack of a buffer tube is an advantage in reducing OAL. The presence of a buffer tube is an advantage for attaching a "stabilizing device" to a pistol. The same characteristic can be good or bad, depending on what you want at the moment. The ideal solution is to have one (or two) of everything. The limitation is simply money and room in the safe.
    Virtute et Armis

The irony is that I bought an AK based largely on the information here, a Krebs AK-74. Then Maryland went nuts, and I wound up with two more -74s. Plus about 7k rounds of 7n6. And a Steyr AUG. Depending on the election, I may wind up selling one of the AKs.

The big advantages of the AR are the support and accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    The ideal solution is to have one (or two) of everything. The limitation is simply money and room in the safe.
    A man after my own heart.