Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    This is the 2nd time that this happened. There was the push to the Sig.... and people that would post about their Aks would get a barrage of people pushong them to go sig... then the magpul AK furniture came out after it became obvious that Sig wasnt really going to back the 556 like they should have....

And now the AK is the bastard child again.

It changes nothing for me. These rifles are different, different weaknesses and different strengths.

My only regret is that o dont have enough extra cash laying around to buy up all the ones that get put up for sale! :-D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    One God, Yahweh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    My objective was to shoot a 10.5" White Oak barreled M4 that we built, and that has a Silencerco Hybrid on it. OAL is exactly like a 16" rifle. That same can fits on my 8" barreled 300 BO with a PDW stock. I wanted to make sure the 5.56 still shot to POA with the can.
    Got pics of those? That sounds like what I want in my next rifle.
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

I don't miss my AK, because I still have it. I miss shooting it, though, cause I can't remember the last time I did....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those wishing to make a profit Hillary is favored to get more electoral votes. Wait until she is just about to get into office and the new gun feeding frenzy reaches its max to sell your AKs.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Kelveren View Post
    This is the 2nd time that this happened. There was the push to the Sig.... and people that would post about their Aks would get a barrage of people pushong them to go sig... then the magpul AK furniture came out after it became obvious that Sig wasnt really going to back the 556 like they should have....

And now the AK is the bastard child again.

It changes nothing for me. These rifles are different, different weaknesses and different strengths.

My only regret is that o dont have enough extra cash laying around to buy up all the ones that get put up for sale! :-D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    Actually...if you research historical references here on WT you will see our attempt to make the AK into the AK of the Finns. Bumpfiring at a 25 yard target in a dry creekbed is NOT what a rifle is supposed to be for. We tried to push the AK for accuracy and ended up with a heavy and expensive rifle that was still not as accurate as other rifles. Read it...its all there. Then we came across the SIG and it was so much better than an AK that it was ridiculous. But SIG, being SIG discontinued it. But that doesn't mean the AK was the ticket again...rather the realization was that the platform in the USA...specially after the ramp up in production in 2012-13, is the M4.

We can argue about how an XD or a P320 or whatever, is theoretically a better weapon than a Glock...but chances are what you find in most holsters is...a Glock. Same for rifles...what you will see most of is an M4. Is that a big deal? I dunno...break a bolt lug in your AK and then try to get a quality bolt to replace it. I can simply take any BCG from any M4 rifle and place it in another and it will work 100%. That is but one example.

The next matter is ammo. Sorry kids...I tried to get some match 7.62x39 ammo made in the USA....no luck. But you know...I can go online and in less time than it took me to post this I could have a couple of cases of sub MOA ammo headed my way...from one of dozens of makers. And if we are still wringing hands on the caliber issue, 300 BO easily replaces 7.62x39.

So "bastard child"? Maybe...I really don't care. I refuse to be limited by limited equipment.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

That AK was like a girlfriend from years ago that you run into at a party and realize that she was not as hot as you thought...now that you run with higher class chicks. Yes, she will still do all that she did back then...but now that you have tasted better, she doesn't quite have the same attraction.

I spent a few years and a few dollars learning the AK platform, I bought a 47, a 74, and a 556R. All good quality guns, but in the end all are gone and I have ARs in their place. AR pistol for CQB, a painted 16" RECCE as a GPR, and a completely tuned up 18" SI Super RECCE Longbow as a DMR. Ya, I'm not going back, not with a platform that I technically only need one BCG and lower for all 3 uppers (with proper paperwork on the SBR of course).

The AK to me is kinda like that chubby kinda' cute girl that's a sure thing. No she's not a X fit model, you aren't going to let your parents meet her, and you likely won't talk again till you're in another dry spell. The slump breaker, she'll do in a pinch and I know how to use her, but she isn't my go to given my druthers.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

"But I for one am glad that I broke off the relationship when I reached the pinnacle of what could be done with the platform."

I hope that concept never dies. WT taught me how to run an AK. Should the day come when you decide "This is as far as the M4 platform will go and that is why i am switching to the..." This will still be the best place to learn how to run an M4.

There all sorts of trade offs. AR parts are everywhere, can be installed by most anyone, and the final product is much more accurate.

I do see one advantage to the AK and that is relative to overall length versus barrel length. The AK has no buttstock located buffer tube. The AK with folding stock can be fired in that condition and does fit well into a tennis case grey man carry and no paper work being needed as is the case for an AR short barrel rifle. If I am going to cut the barrel of the AR I would want the chambering and bore to be 300 blackout. A 5.56 in short barrel loses velocity which it badly needs to be most effective and without a suppressor is really loud in a short barrel. 300 blackout has a lower velocity, but not by much than milspec 7.62x39 has iirc. It has the same velocity of the non-milspec AK ammo.

300 blackout AR 16 in (410 mm) barrel with 125gr grain gets about 2215 fps.

7.62x39 Golden tiger ammo gets about 2350 in a 16 inch barrel with 124 grain projectile, but the projectiles are not as good as what one can get in a quality 300 blackout ammo. Corbon AK loads for some reason are loaded to the same velocity of the .300 blackout from what I have read. The AK case is a little larger which aids in getting a little more velocity.

Below chart for 5.56 nato ammo and barrel length. 10.5 inch barrel with 62 grain bullet is 2627 or a loss of 350 fps from a 16 inch barrel. It is still going about 300 fps faster than a 7.62x39 124 grain Golden tiger bullet out of a 16 inch barrel.

https://www.google.com/search?q=barr...VDJ2kA_kyUM%3A

Image below compares both 30 cal rounds.
    Last edited by barnetmill; 11-01-2016 at 11:37 AM. Reason: typo
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

That AK was like a girlfriend from years ago that you run into at a party and realize that she was not as hot as you thought...now that you run with higher class chicks. Yes, she will still do all that she did back then...but now that you have tasted better, she doesn't quite have the same attraction.

Well THAT just about sums it up.....at least until I start thinking about SMGs again??? Hmmm which will it be Sten, Sterling, MAC, Skorpion (the real Skorpion, not that fat girl they are pushing now-she may have a great personality; but damn is she ugly); no I think its the AR SMG Ooooo no another bunny trail

Quote Originally Posted by EDELWEISS View Post
    Hmmm which will it be Sten, Sterling, MAC, Skorpion
    No Uzi? I'm seriously considering selling mine to fund a Sterling....or a cannon.