Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I suspect there will be failures of some such businesses. Sort of a weeding out of the weakest.
    Yup. Tier 1 makers will survive. Makers who deliver innovative or unusual products will thrive. Tier 3....will have a hard time of it.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    I expect the price drops to occur next year after xmas. People may no understand that the gun market has large stocks of merchandise on hand that can not be sold. I suspect there will be failures of some such businesses. Sort of a weeding out of the weakest.
    The gun manager at the local Cabela's said they sold 120+ firearms on Black Friday, and the used rifle rack looked picked over on Saturday.
    anonymity is underrated

Unfair. Unbalanced. Unmedicated.

Newton's Third Law is a motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog6 View Post
    It is interesting that the Prvi Partizan is accurate in 7.62 x 39 because trying to zero a bolt action Remington 700 HB with their 308 is like chasing a Unicorn!
    I shoot Prvi 77gr HPBT out of my white oak 223 Wylde in my recce and its sub MOA with confirmed accuracy out to 550yds. And I consider prvi as my "budget" match round.

Interview of Jim Fuller by Hank Strange:
    Before You Buy That Cheap AK-47

Fuller use to be around here and hopefully it is ok to show this intervew.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog6 View Post
    It is interesting that the Prvi Partizan is accurate in 7.62 x 39 because trying to zero a bolt action Remington 700 HB with their 308 is like chasing a Unicorn!
    Odd, I've found the Prvi Partizan .308 Match (168gr) to be what my Savage bolt guns like best.

YMMV.

ETA - As to the OP, I've been running both AR's and AK's for more than 10yrs, and expect I'll continue to.

The strengths/challenges of each are well known so I won't bother to repeat them, but keeping sharp with both is something I find useful for my situation.

I've found several loads I like for the AR's, but my favorite is a 5.56 load I developed myself.

I've had very good luck with Wolf Military Classic in 7.62x39 giving me above average accuracy out of my AK's.

Best,
    Nick
    Last edited by SigPro09; 11-30-2016 at 07:36 AM.
    In order for the underprivileged and inept to feel adequate, the skilled and capable must be made stupid by decree.

- Gabe Suarez, 12/13/2011

“If a broad ban on firearms can be upheld based on conjecture that the public might feel safer (while being no safer at all), then the Second Amendment guarantees nothing.”

- Justice Clarence Thomas

In my AO there are not many places where I could take a 300 yard headshot due to terrain features, structures and foliage.
    I can only dream of being blessed with that type of range to shoot and target practice.

More likely for me is a 30 yard or less shot at a 300 lb+ boar hog or a large pissed off mama bear crashing through the forrest, or a close-quarters run-in with a moonshiner or meth-cooker in the woods...although they typically try to melt away into the woods and I have no desire to confront them.

At these distances the weapons platform choice is not as critical as in other environments, but bringing enough gun to stop a charging boar or bear very quickly is of paramount importance. In that case I would MUCH rather have a quick handling short semi-auto carbine of at least 30 caliber or larger. Whether thats an AK or a larger caliber AR is irrelevant. They both work fine in this environment. I can also assure you there will not usually be a lot of time for a perfect sight picture or maybe even shouldering the weapon. That ACOG or EO Tech may or may not get used.

AK's may have fallen out of favor with folks who dont face threats that are prevalent in my area, but they still work fine for me.

Two hours from now I will be riding my Rokon down dense foliaged trails in middle TN with a Zero Tolerance blade clipped to my jeans, a Glock 10mm on my hip and a folding stock AK slung across my back...because in my experience for where I am going and the possible threats I could face they are the best choices to handle "what may come".
    Last edited by BB82; 01-23-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Newbie here and first post on this forum, so this question may be out of context. Have any of you considered a Palmetto KS47? I've considered selling my Arsenal AK and acquiring something like the KS47. AR platform but utilizing AK mags and 7.63 X 39 ammo. Getting rid of the rifle but utilizing the mags and ammo is appealing to me.