Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AK Purchasing

I like the forend, but I don't really care for the stocks. I've just seen and heard of too many breaking.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight you failed to properly prepare..."

"History is the autobiography of a madman..."

Hmmm. As I have been looking around I think gabe is right but I have loved AKs for a long time and for reasons beyond my understanding: much to my fathers dismay. I have an AR and I like it. I think I am going to build an AK myself. Hopefully sooner than latter as the election is looming. I will post a picture of it in the ak thread for you when I am done or tell you all how I really botched it.

GOOD GUY'S SHOOT AK'S!

The DOG HOUSE is my comfort zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog6 View Post
    I guess the subtitle should read 'I bet you can't hit my right arm;.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I was an AK guy. In fact, I will say that I lead the AK movement in the USA before anyone else even considered it. Can't rewrite history kids and that is a fact of history.
    Gabe, you're one of the prime reasons that I'm an AK guy, and I'm not ready to change. Since I have always respected your opinion, I certainly can respect your decision. Although I am sad to see you leave the AK world behind, I do look forward to continuing to learn from you and read your blog posts. You say a lot of the things that I really need to hear. However, I have to ask you... can I have your AKs?

I echo what Gabe & others said of the AK. I have 3 in the safe and recently transitioned back to AR.....and I'm VERY glad I did for a host of reasons. Just WAY too many advantages to using ARs. You just have to work way too hard to get a good AK and make it shoot well. The AR has more advantages over the AK. In todays market you'll get a more efficient & effective killing machine in the AR for your money. Also, I wouldn't underestimate the .223/5.56 cartridge, with the correct projectile it will get most jobs done pretty well.

So what is great about America and Arizona in particular? I own AK's, I own AR's, Sigs and Robinson's. Springfield's and H&K's, I own suppressors and SBR's along with many other firearms and shoot them regularly. Semi auto or bolt action. Shotguns too. Something in almost every caliber. Ammo for them in stock. Just the other day I zeroed my 338 LM at 880 yards (1/2 mile). No prejudice here. I am fortunate enough to own what I want and will hand them down to my three sons. I have attended Suarez training. All good stuff! I have a great wife who gives me zero grief about my hobby. Stay calm and shoot what you want!
    GOOD GUY'S SHOOT AK'S!

The DOG HOUSE is my comfort zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Sopater View Post
    Gabe, you're one of the prime reasons that I'm an AK guy, and I'm not ready to change. Since I have always respected your opinion, I certainly can respect your decision. Although I am sad to see you leave the AK world behind, I do look forward to continuing to learn from you and read your blog posts. You say a lot of the things that I really need to hear. However, I have to ask you... can I have your AKs?
    Only a couple training guns left, IIRC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm too old to forget the AK. My memory is so bad I forgot the Alamo, but I can still remember how to maintain an AK.