Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thank you.
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

"When Your Time Comes To Die. Be Not Like Those Whose Hearts Are Filled With Fear Of Death. So When Their Time Comes They Weep And Pray For A Little More Time To Live Their Lives Over Again In A Different Way.
    SING YOUR DEATH SONG AND DIE LIKE A HERO GOING HOME" Tecumseh

I think the day is fast approaching where people profiled and suspected of having/wearing an IED will be summarily shot.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I think the day is fast approaching where people profiled and suspected of having/wearing an IED will be summarily shot.
    Certainly true......just because the weapons change doesn't mean that the realities of the fight do.

Action is still beats Reaction even if your enemy chooses a bomb as his weapon.
    Cheers
    T.

"VICTORIOUS WARRIORS WIN FIRST...
    AND THEN GO TO WAR,
    WHILE DEFEATED WARRIORS GO TO WAR FIRST...
    AND THEN SEEK TO WIN." Sun tzu

One time I had to go through a trash bag that held what was left of some of my men in an attempt to find identification documents and personal effects. They got blown to hell in a market in Baghdad. I'll never forget it.

Devices such as these being used here are absolute game changers. Those who have not experienced these things better get their minds right and get training.

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    We talk and revisited this topic, but I do not remember the effect range of this shrapnel loaded vest?

We talk about 25 yards, but is this far enough back to protect family members?

With home made explosives you sure would not want to shoot them COM even at range and a head shoot lights out shoot might trigger the vest as he falls to ground.

Anyone who wants to ware one of these vest< I hope it blows up when they first put it on in the company of all the rest of the vest loaded buddies and the vest maker or makers!!!!!!!!!

Look mommy! the house down the street just blow up, yes mommy it is the one with the bowlegged goats tied outside.
    I think this is what you were talking about.

1*7BDSbHHx3CPHiApmME3h0g.jpeg

Cover is my more preferable as it disrupts and diverts the fluid dynamics of the pressure wave and stops shrapnel. An overly simplistic example would be if you were outside in high winds and get behind a tree, rock or go around the corner of the house to get out of the wind.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG
    CRG-2 CRG again
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 TASI
    HRO-6 CQB Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 TASI 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)
    Killing Within The Law

TWOTU since May 2015

Thanks for the info Sua, very timely and necessary.

Out of destruction rises opportunity. Never, ever give up.
    **Mike Ronin on FaceBook**

**Spero optimus instruo pro pessimus**

**Out of destruction rises opportunity. We are only defeated when we give up. Never, ever give up. (Phil 4:13)**

And is there any truth to the statement that if you can't gain distance or cover when the bomber is near and has a "deadman switch" - shooting/disrupting the switch will work - sometimes?

geezer john

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    And is there any truth to the statement that if you can't gain distance or cover when the bomber is near and has a "deadman switch" - shooting/disrupting the switch will work - sometimes?

geezer john

If you can shoot the switch, you can shoot the face. Killing is the goal...not capture.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Another question, as explosives tend to blow up and out, would getting on floor prone and shooting up at face be a better option?
    Not living in fear, just ready!!!