Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default KWA Airsoft ATP. The grips do not feel like that of a glock.

I have gotten myself back to training and purchased a KWA Airsoft ATP to take the place of my badly worn earlier KWA that was sort of like a Glock 18.
    Issue the grips are too thin and generally small. I will try to augment the grips. This is important for pointing during close range tranining exercises. i train at night and it is more meat on the metal than precise sight aiming.

So has anyone else here had this issue and if so what was the solution?

In General so far the gun works well and the only defect to date are the magazines. I can not use my loader for them and will likely remove some metal to make loading them with the supplied loader possible. I am able to use the propane loader I purchased form OST a few years ago to charge the new magazines.

I have also ordered a new air soft electric AK. I ordered one with a velocity of almost 500 fps so that I can with a full auto burst knock some of the squirrels out of trees so that my bulldog and cat can deal with them. An air soft CO2 model is probably better.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

I have had the ATP for several years, and it still runs perfect. I never noticed the grips since I switch between multiple glocks anyway depending upon what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by rodanvssct View Post
    I have had the ATP for several years, and it still runs perfect. I never noticed the grips since I switch between multiple glocks anyway depending upon what I am doing.
    Thanks for information on the reliability of the KWA. The thin single column glocks and the large frame glocks I do not own. I want one grip size on my glocks and also on my training gun. KWA was trying to avoid a host Glock law suits which is why I think they changed the grip so much. I wish Glock would step up and make air soft training guns.
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez

My ATP came with a couple different backstraps, like a Gen 4. Doesn't make it wider though. Can't say that bothers me, my only beef is that the grip and mags are long (G17 length) and I only carry 19's or occasionally a 26, and there's not a shorter version of the ATP that I know of.

No other issues, mags are still going strong, I just had to replace two fill valve o-rings but that's not uncommon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

For the width, would one of those wrap-around Glock grips fit? Might be worth investigating.

"Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTA View Post
    For the width, would one of those wrap-around Glock grips fit? Might be worth investigating.

I am thinking along those lines now and wanted to see if anyone had tried it.

If you don't mind buying new airsoft guns check out the WE G19. Only available via piratey overseas ordering, I got mine from airsoft.tiger111hk.com direct from hong kong. Ordered 2 since shipping was fairly expensive. They also come in 34, 17 and 26 flavors, Gen 3 and 4. Feels and looks very accurate. Holster fit is close, may need some fitting on extractor and/or front rail.

image1-5.jpg
    The training is nothing! The will is everything! The will to act. -Henri Ducard, while instructing Bruce Wayne

TMCO 7/15

Quote Originally Posted by Hallux View Post
    If you don't mind buying new airsoft guns check out the WE G19. Only available via piratey overseas ordering, I got mine from airsoft.tiger111hk.com direct from hong kong. Ordered 2 since shipping was fairly expensive. They also come in 34, 17 and 26 flavors, Gen 3 and 4. Feels and looks very accurate. Holster fit is close, may need some fitting on extractor and/or front rail.

image1-5.jpg
    That looks really good. A business opportunity for the pirates here. I would buy on in an instant if someone had them for sale in the US with no questions asked.

I just tried one of the extended magazines from my older air soft and it seems to work in the new KWA.

http://armypanda.com/products/WE-G19-Gen.3-.html

Found this. Don't know if it is based in China or just has some left over stock. I have the WE G18c and it is a great copy. Fits all of my Glock 17 holsters, mag holders ect. (Plus it has a happy switch which is fun when raccoons get in the garage but I ignore during real practice.)