Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No pictures, and I don't have a hanging target (mine are on the wall, but now you've got me thinking), but I just put up a 3" thick piece of foam (the spongey kind like you see in gun cases, it'll shred the dense "pink board" sheets) and tape a target on it. What it doesn't absorb drops onto old towels I laid directly beneath it. Or a blanket would work. Not a pro setup, but 100% effective. I use it to practice getting off the X.
    "Charles, I shan't trust you aboard my ship, unless I carry you a prisoner; for I shall have you plotting with my men, knock me on the head and run away with my ship a-pirating."

I have used an old bedsheet gathered into a box on the floor and got almost 100% recovery on the BBs.
    Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most.

Gunsite Orange, API -250 Sept. 78 (Everybody starts somewhere)
    CRG - July 11
    PSP - April 12
    TMCO - Sept. 12
    TWOTU since 2011

Glock Certified Armorer

We use pizza boxes stuffed with crinkled-up junk mail and occasionally splurge with Shoot-n-C targets pasted to the boxes.

Low budget, easy to set up (i.e., multiples), and easy to dispose. No, they don't always retain BBs but my kids know how to run a broom.

Helps stay tuned up on footwork and dynamic shooting when range options are limited. Kids have a blast learning GOTX as well.

Be humble of character, warm of heart and kind. You will know when it's time to flip the switch and unleash the beast.

CAUTION: You can't fix stupid.....

I'm brainstorming some creative ways to get more out of this training and to increase the experience.

I am considering styrofoam heads on top of the boxes. Also, styrofoam heads just placed randomly about the basement at different angles.

I have a mannequin torso on a floor stand that I could also tape a styrofoam head atop.

I could buy a BOB.

Other target companies have full 3D bodies/parts with stands and replaceable components.

I know nothing beats a live action training partner, but I think I can do better than just boxes for my regular maintenance exercises. If I go beyond my current setup, I'm likely back to bbs all over the floor. I'll deal with bbs on the floor if the training value is increased.
    Thomas N. Fuller II

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    Uncle Rudy's Indoor Firing Range Instructor

I use the USPS flat rate boxes--the larger, flatter ones. They are free. Just pull off the little strips to glue them shut, then set them out as targets. They are roughly COM-sized. You could use the small ones to represent a head shot. My airsoft pistol has just enough juice to consistently penetrate one face of the cardboard, but not the second. So the BBs get trapped inside the box. After a hundred rounds or so, I just trash the whole box and set out a new one.

For a while, I was doing so much airsoft training that every time I saw a USPS flat-rate box I wanted to draw my pistol.
    Virtute et Armis

old sheets are a great back stop especially in they're set so the bottom hangs free, for some reason airsoft goes right through polytarps

the guy who's bb's are going through - are we talking 4.5 mm steel or 6 mm plastic? steel BB penetrate like crazy - and ricochet like a SOB

as for un-realistic airsoft, I think you're using the wrong airsoft - the 1:1 full metal are darn realistic

I do my air soft work outside at night. No reason to trap the pellets. I figure for me there is at least a 75% chance that I will have to fight in the dark rather than during the day.
    One who hammers his gun into a plow plows for those who do not....Unknown
    ...at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..... Gabe Suarez
    ....WANT not NEED is what America is all about. ..... Gabe Suarez
    Its not about how fast you can load, but about how well you can shoot ..... Someone being saved by a speed load is not something that has happened with any regularity. Gabe Suarez