Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gen4 Glock 19 endo mods

I realize this has already been pretty thoroughly documented by Yonderling but I wanted to add some pics of my alterations so far and get some input.

I recently purchased this from a member here and was excited to put it to use on my g19 so I set about adapting it.

I have used hand tools exclusively so far.

The first problem is that the gen4 g19 can't slide far enough down on the bottom peg of the endo to allow the top support to rest on the rear of the grip frame's Beavertail. So I set about filing down the peg to fit.

I iteratively filed the back side (towards the shockwave), and a little on the left and right sides until the g19 could slide down on the peg far enough.

20160521_204643.jpg
    20160521_204658.jpg
    20160521_204725_HDR.jpg20160521_204752.jpg
    20160521_204800.jpg
    20160521_204807.jpg
    20160521_204819.jpg

Once that was done the next problem to address was the magazine issue. There is a ledge that is meant to mate with the bottom of the g17's grip but just gets in the way with the g19. After filing that down, I was able to freely insert/remove a happy stick and insert an OEM g19 mag with a shove; however, it does not come out easily.

I have magpul g17 mags and they are even worse: the ledge of the mag base is far too wide:

20160521_210500_HDR.jpg20160521_210528_HDR.jpg
    20160521_210550.jpg
    20160521_210624.jpg

As you can see I the filing marks are pretty ugly; once I decide how much more (if any) to file away I'll take something high grit to it as a finishing touch.

Which brings me to my current question: I don't think I can remove enough material to facilitate the use of magpul msgs without compromising the adapter, but I might be able to do so for the happy sticks.

The question is, given that this is a proactive tool, should I? If I have time to deploy the brace, I have time to deploy a happy stick or two. I'll update with pics when I drill my pin hole.

I think I might try to replace the pin with a spring loaded contraption of sorts, not sure what.
    Last edited by apamburn; 05-21-2016 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect.

Can a mod rename this thread? Something like 'gen4 glock19 endo adaptation' would be more appropriate. These aren't mods, just adaptations to facilitate use on a g19.

Good job getting it working.

I ended up taking more material off the bottom front corner of my endo, at an angle, to help 19 mags fit better. I also completely flattened out the ledge at the bottom of the "peg". G19 mags fit and function now; they rub the Endo just enough to not drop free but can be pulled out by hand without much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    Good job getting it working.

I ended up taking more material off the bottom front corner of my endo, at an angle, to help 19 mags fit better. I also completely flattened out the ledge at the bottom of the "peg". G19 mags fit and function now; they rub the Endo just enough to not drop free but can be pulled out by hand without much effort.
    That's what I started doing as well, I thought maybe the pics would illustrate but it's hard to see.

You think I should be safe to remove enough material to allow g19 mags in and out with relative ease? What about the magpul mags?

I'm concerned it might weaken the Endo too much if you take off enough material to let G19 mags drop free. No idea about Pmags, I don't have any for the Glocks.

Here's where I ended up with mine. The second pic shows where a G19 mag starts to rub on the Endo, and the third is the same mag fully seated.

Yonderling, your pics were really helpful. thanks for adding them.

Quick update for anyone that cares:

I removed as much material as I was comfortable with and now the happy stick slides in and out with ease. The OEM G19 mag is too snug for my tastes and magpul G17 mags still won't fit.

I also drilled a new hole in the endo adapter's peg so I can actually attach the brace to my Glock 19.

20160522_144016.jpg

Drilling the hole for the retaining pin wasn't too hard. first I took a drill bit and stuck it through the original hole to make sure it wasn't drilled at an angle. It is drilled straight through the peg, though when the adapter is held up it ends up being a slight angle since the peg isn't vertical. If you're doing this, take note of that. Didn't make a major difference for the rest of what I did, but it was good to know.

I then attached the endo, marked the drilling location with a pencil, and eyeballed a straight line to the other side of the peg (can't drill from the inside). I used a bit that was much too small to make sure that I was in the right spot and also at the right angle, then moved up to a larger bit.

20160522_144026.jpg
    20160522_144129.jpg

So now I come to three lingering problems:

1. I can't use my EDC mags with this brace. Because of that, this device can't be used to augment my carry weapon: its only utility is on a dedicated weapon. The only magazines that can be easily used with this are happy sticks: OEM G19 are hard to load / remove (harder than I am willing to put up with) and Magpul G17 mags do not work at all. The crux of the matter is the magazine's base plate, which is blocked by the bottom of the Endo.

EDC of happy sticks is not reasonable to me. The extended Magpul mags, or the extended ETS mags that One Source carries would be though. I may purchase a few of these to use and see if they fit. As long as they are long enough for the base of the magazine to not hit the bottom of the endo, it should be good.

2. The attachment pin is horrible: at best it was an afterthought. While working on my Endo, the cheap chain it is attached to CAME APART.

The manufacturer should have used one of two things: a snap button or a screw.

(snap button: https://www.zoro.com/value-brand-sna...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds)

A snap button would be faster, use less fine motor skills to attach, and not suffer from possibility of loss. I'd bet it would be just as secure too. I'm going to try to add one and will report back.

A screw would be way more secure but slower and appropriate for dedicated deployment.

3. This thing needs an RMR and a dedicated weaponlight bad.

All in all I'm pleased with it but as soon as funds are saved I'll be adding an RMR (and probably Suarez slide) to the equation.
    Last edited by apamburn; 05-24-2016 at 03:00 PM. Reason: forgot something

You can safely clearance the Endo enough for factory G17 and longer mags to drop free with no rubbing. Magpul G17 mags should work fine too.

Magpul g17 mags have a substantially thicker base plate that would require more material to be removed than in your pic above of the g17 mag. I really doubt it would be a good idea to do so. Ill try to get a pic up later.

My pictures above show a G19 mag.

Oh. I thought the second was a g17 mag because of how it stuck out of the mag well.

Here are some pics that I think will clarify why I think the magpul mags simply won't work:

G19 OEM magat point where it hits endo:
    20160524_214538.jpg

G17 magpul where it hits endo (notice depth - it needs to insert a good 1/4 inch deeper to seat):
    20160524_214524.jpg

Comparison of base plates:
    20160524_214436.jpg