Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Isn't "horribly unfair" what we want in a system?

Quote Originally Posted by fish78 View Post
    Isn't "horribly unfair" what we want in a system?
    Exactly. If you aren't cheating you're not doing it right.
    "Hey I've got an idea! We should make welfare as easy to get as VA benefits."
    "If you see something, say something... so we can call you a racist!"
    "Zen? Meh! Who needs it? All that effort to achieve nothingness and what do you got? Bupkis!

Excellent. I will incorporate all of this into my defensive class.

Quote Originally Posted by tfullerpipes View Post
    For a firearm wielding antagonist: The antagonist's swing angle is greater when you advance towards him on the 1:00 line. Stepping back laterally (5:00 line) requires less effort from the antagonist to keep you in his sights. Correct?

For a "hand-held" weapon: distance keeps you out of the antagonist's reach. Unless he has a lunge like Aldo Nadi...

Based on Mr. Suarez's initial sketch, I examined this further. Here it is by the numbers with parties at 9'-10" apart (arbitrary number).

Attachment 48299
    Beautiful illustration!

Gabe - WOW that goes back to the first WarriorTalk Symposium. I remember you presenting that information. Some things never change nor should they.
    "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win" - Lombardi

"Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant, then it tries to silence good" - Archbishop Charles J. Chaput

"I answer to a higher authority than the approval of men not worthy of my time" - Gabe Suarez

Train with Rick Klopp
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Bio

CRG-4: Force on Force Gunfighting - April 8-9, 2017 - Albermarle, NC

Additional classes including AK Rifle Gunfighting, Force on Force and Advanced Trauma Medicine coming soon.

I will not give away all the secrets here for free, but besides the slightly greater adversary swing angle, there TWO other significant tactical reasons for choosing the forward angle when available. Not knowing these is like only knowing one cool BJJ move but not knowing the counters, thus being unaware you could be setting yourself up for one of those counters.
    Dave Sauer
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

"The path which leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant." --Musashi

Onward & Upward!

I've found that the only time moving to the outside of the hand is only really an advantage if the shooter is a slave to the two hand grip and tries to turn their torso to track. With one hand tracking left or right is pretty easy. Heck the shooter has a greater range of motion with one hand to the outside. Speed and force of violence are more important.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator

TWOTU since May 2015

Horribly unfair. I like the sound of that!!!
    LIVING > FIRED > JAIL > DEAD

DISCIPLINA EST LIBERTATEM
    KRG, HRO: Team Tactics 1/2, CRG, HRO: CQB/Team Tactics, Defensive Knife, TMCO

T
    WOTU Since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Suarez View Post
    I had the former owner of Gunsite working for me for a year doing various things. He had all the pistoleros working for him at one time or another. When he saw this being filmed in Advanced Close Range Gunfighting he said this - his words, "With your system, you could win against the vast majority fo gun men out there. Not only would you let them draw first, but you would still kill them. This is horribly unfair".
    I have no words for that kind of stupidity, wow...(them, just want to be clear)

Philip Asay is offline Suarez International Staff Instructor - Alaska
    [QUOTE=Gabriel Suarez;1803382]
    To put it in perspective...I had the former owner of Gunsite working for me for a year doing various things. He had all the pistoleros working for him at one time or another. When he saw this being filmed in Advanced Close Range Gunfighting he said this - his words, "With your system, you could win against the vast majority fo gun men out there. Not only would you let them draw first, but you would still kill them. This is horribly unfair".[/QUOTE

it is amazing to me that students in my classes, and fellow officers in requals fail to "cheat" in order to gain an advantage. Hey! It's a gunfight! I suppose it is because of the "follow the rules" mindset we have been reared with in this country. I want the bad guy to be thinking "this is horribly unfair" while I am bringing the fight to him.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor - Alaska
    State of Alaska, Certified CCW Instructor
    Glock Certified Advanced Armorer