Default NEW SUAREZ CLASSES - INTERACTIVE SIMULATIONS AND GROUND FIGHTING

This last weekend was an exhausting and rewarding event. We taught hard is the best way to describe it and I will leave it at that. Great teachers always finish with a wish that they could have taught more. Brent and I had a lengthy discussion on the drive back about that very thing. So today, with a hoarse Marlon Brando voice, I am going to make that announcement that cannot be refused.

We will bring out a couple of new courses in 2017.

Interactive Simulation Training and Instructor School: I will be teaching this one and it will feature all our FOF drills, as well as how to set them up, why they are needed and how to develop the material along in your training and in a class. I am writing the curriculum for this in the next few weeks and it may extend to three days. Since the pistol class next year will be all shooting, we do need a way to teach FOF to the greater depth as we do the live fire. Having that luxury we will be able to moderate the intensity levels for every fitness and skill level of the attendees, as well as explain the why along with the how. Having done a great deal of study and a great deal of research on this topic for the past decade. I will be attempting to bring in, and provide for use, the UTM Training Tools in lieu of Airsoft to increase the professionalism, durability, and applicability of the training. I can say with complete confidence that there is no training event like this available anywhere. And since we do not need a shooting range for this, venues should be easily located. More to follow.

Pistol Ground Fighting and Combatives: After two classes like the ones this weekend, and the realization that the entire world of the "Zero" part of "zero to five" on the ground not receiving its due because of the time limits and venue limits, we have decided to create a specialized class specifically dealing with ground survival. This will not be a "sport grappling session" with a few red guns thrown in. Rather it will be a well organized, and detail oriented adult education course designed to give the person with little or minimal ground fighting skill the tools to survive and prevail on the ground. The focus will be to access the weapon and regain the feet. This will be taught in skill development phases, worked for technical proficiency and the tested with varying degrees of pressure.

This last class will be taught by Suarez Staff members with vetted martial arts credentials and experience in ground fighting
    Gabe Suarez

“Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Excellent to hear that you've made the decision to add this to Suarez International curriculum, I'm really looking forward to this.

I am planning both Civilian and LE Courses in this category of classes. Not that they will differ much, but the LE Versions will be for agencies to host and fund through their various methods and will address LE-specific concerns.
    Gabe Suarez

“Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Oh hell yes, those classes look outstanding, I can't wait to get into those!

I'm looking forward to this from both the citizen andf LEO perspective. I'm sure I'll be heavily involved.
    Jon Payne
    Ambassador, Suarez Group of Companies
    Suarez International Law Enforcement Instructor

Shotgun Gunfighting (SGF-1) Orange TX Apr 29-30, 2017

Close Range Gunfighting (CRG-1) Orange TX May 20-21, 2-17

The Two Most Dangerous Places in Today's World:
    1.) A Gun Free Zone
    2.) Your Comfort Zone

Very cool. Training that helps to round-out the warrior's fighting arsenal. I'd be interested in an instructor's class if you decide to put one together.
    "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win" - Lombardi

"Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant, then it tries to silence good" - Archbishop Charles J. Chaput

"I answer to a higher authority than the approval of men not worthy of my time" - Gabe Suarez

Train with Rick Klopp
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Bio

Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator - Blairsville, GA - December 3-4, 2016

Additional classes including AK Rifle Gunfighting, Force on Force and Advanced Trauma Medicine coming soon.