I don't understand why there is this much discussion. Boss, your flow chart is super simple and easy to follow. I have been taught by .gov, Blackwater and LEO the same thing for almost two decades. It is simple. Gun goes click, TAP, Rack, Bang. If the gun does not go bang at that point Rip, Work, Tap, Rack, Bang. You never need to look at the gun. You should be able to do this blindfolded, or in the dark, or in the rain...

This fixes everything... you can do it on the move, or standing still. You can do it in a box, you can do it with a fox... You can do it in the rain.. YOU HAD BETTER DO IT WHILE YOU TRAIN.

At the beginning of EVERY shift I pick up my unloaded pistol, do five draws from the holster and dry fire. Then I load it, doing a TAP, RACK. I then "tactical-reload" a full mag. This lets me cheat in my reps for tap/rack and rip/work/tap/rack EVERY DAY. At the end of shift I down load my weapon, place all ammo in the safe and do five more draws with dry fire. If my front sight is still I place my empty weapon in the safe. If the front sight dances we keep playing the draw/click game until it stays still. Oh ya, and there are tap/racks involved with the clicking as well.

I was once asked by a salty Deputy on a moonlit night "How long do you have to re-load your weapon during a gunfight?" I believe I answered "1.5 seconds" (Flying sidekick there right?) He answered simply "The rest of your life."

Tap/Rack is life... if you don't ball and dummy drill yourself while shooting combat drills you are cheating yourself. You need to hardwire the response into your mainframe. You need to respond at speed not look at your blaster with a dumb look on your face. Bruce Lee said "train in a technique until you forget it." What he means is train it until it become muscle memory. Then train it some more.

Work on Tap/Racks and leave the speed reloads to the gun golfers..