Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Getting on the PDW bandwagon

After handling JD Lester's Glock 17 PDW a few weeks ago, I was sold on the concept. I ordered the kit from SI, but - surprise! - I did not own any full size Glocks yet. I had just never needed one. A few days ago, I ran across this Glock 34 for a good price at a local gun store. The Endo fit it very snugly, and the trigger was super sweet for an out of the box trigger.

pdw.jpg

I went for the Glock 34, because it already has the extended magazine release button, and a longer barrel. Soon, it will have an RMR, suppressor sights and a threaded barrel.

I have a Beretta Storm SBR, but when I'm done with this PDW, I think it will fill the same niche using a smaller form factor and with magazine commonality between the PDW and my EDC.

Very cool! It blew me away how nice JD's PDW is, especially how sturdy it is.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Nice Alex. I'm getting aboard as well with a similar G34 project. SI slide, trigger, threaded barrel, muzzle break.
    Ted Demosthenes
    Suarez International Staff Instructor

2019 Classes:

CRG-3 Advanced Gunfighting, November 2-3 2019, Mapleton, OR

From Murphy: "Incoming has the right-of-way" (so, GOTFX!!)

Alex you won't regret it.

I still have a lot of love for my Storm but the PDW has stolen its thunder. While the Storm sits at my bedside, the PDW travels with me. It's so easy to pack it's virtually EDC.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Upcoming classes:

Advanced Close Range Gunfighting - Nov 2-3 Mapleton, OR

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    Alex you won't regret it.

I still have a lot of love for my Storm but the PDW has stolen its thunder. While the Storm sits at my bedside, the PDW travels with me. It's so easy to pack it's virtually EDC.
    EXACTLY--I dont see the Glock PDW or any Stocked (NOT Stocked) Pistol totally replacing a SMG (format) gun. YES the Glock PDW has advantages, weight and mag interchangeability; being the strongest, along with it not being a NFA item. Those advantages make it likely to be carried. That being said, in the middle of the night or on the road I'll grab a SMG or AR Pistol. For trips to the mall or perhaps the movies or other missions requiring the most discreet solutions the Glock PDW fits; but I still see it more as an extraction device than a attacking tool.

Heck yea, I love mine. Plan on picking up another patrol trigger up for it shortly.

Does the stock extend out?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorscience4u View Post
    Does the stock extend out?
    Yes.
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

The PDW is what got me buying full size Glocks too.

Though I did have a couple drilled for the G19 frame as well.

doc
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Nieuwland View Post
    After handling JD Lester's Glock 17 PDW a few weeks ago, I was sold on the concept. I ordered the kit from SI, but - surprise! - I did not own any full size Glocks yet. I had just never needed one. A few days ago, I ran across this Glock 34 for a good price at a local gun store. The Endo fit it very snugly, and the trigger was super sweet for an out of the box trigger.

pdw.jpg

I went for the Glock 34, because it already has the extended magazine release button, and a longer barrel. Soon, it will have an RMR, suppressor sights and a threaded barrel.

I have a Beretta Storm SBR, but when I'm done with this PDW, I think it will fill the same niche using a smaller form factor and with magazine commonality between the PDW and my EDC.
    Alex, Eric,

Glad I could be an enabler....I been called worse.

v/r

JD