Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by philpac33 View Post
    I have seen several recent reports on the Deltapoint Pro; they seem to agree that the larger viewing window is preferred over the RMR. But some are reporting short battery life. VERY SHORT battery life, as in 6 days or so. Anyone here with similar experience?
    Ive been messing with the DP pro and have not experienced short battery life. Ive been running it on my PDW currently. I would guess that if there is an issue with the battery life they might either have a warranty issue or battery issue. Was that here on WT or ? THE CONVEX (DP pro) vs Concave top (RMR) is definetly a plus for picking up the dot.

Been running the battery in mine for a month now, no issues but not sure how long was being used b4 i started with it as it is new to me. Glass is much clearer than RMR though..Hoping Gabe does G19s sooner than later for the DP pro..
    Kamp
    Suarez International Tier 1 Instructor
    UTM Master Instructor Training Provider and Independent Dealer
    Kamp's Suarez International Training Schedule
    (and no, unfortunately it isn't the summer camp for our kids we all want to send them to)
    Pacific Tactical Website
    Facebook
    Twitter: @pacifictactical

"Progress comes to those who train and train; reliance on secret techniques will get you nowhere."
    Morihei Ueshiba

The only place I have read of the battery issue is on a forum where the owners are supplemented by Trijicon to promote their products. Follow the money.
    Gabe Suarez

We cut our enemy's throats with Occam's Razor

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I have serious doubts that Leupold would put out a hinky product that hasn't been tested properly, or to advertise their products that make them seem vastly different than they actually are.

My wife wants an RMR'd 1911, and as soon as I can get the money together, I will get her an SI RMR'd 1911 with a DP Pro. I trust Leopold and SI enough to not even question the quality or price tag.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

Quote Originally Posted by H60DoorGunner View Post
    I have serious doubts that Leupold would put out a hinky product that hasn't been tested properly, or to advertise their products that make them seem vastly different than they actually are.

My wife wants an RMR'd 1911, and as soon as I can get the money together, I will get her an SI RMR'd 1911 with a DP Pro. I trust Leopold and SI enough to not even question the quality or price tag.
    Agreed Brother. I wouldn't hesitate because I seriously doubt Gabe would put out a hinky product that hasn't been tested properly.
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

"When Your Time Comes To Die. Be Not Like Those Whose Hearts Are Filled With Fear Of Death. So When Their Time Comes They Weep And Pray For A Little More Time To Live Their Lives Over Again In A Different Way.
    SING YOUR DEATH SONG AND DIE LIKE A HERO GOING HOME" Tecumseh

Gen 4 Glock 30 s/p Milling, DP Pro + Rear Sight

Thought I'd post some follow-up pics and comments on my just-returned-to-me Glock 30 Slide I sent in for milling...

IMG_0200.jpg

So, the Leupold Delta Point Pro in 2.5 MOA. The packaging and all the tools, bits, etc, are fairly self-explanatory. Mike from OST had contacted me to let me know that the Suarez Rear Tritium Sight can't be used for this application, so they sent me the DP Pro Rear Sight. Pulling the little plastic space holder out of the DP Pro was the only obstacle. The little bastahd was in there TIGHT.

I like that it comes with a dust cover, and hey, saving over a $100 on the Red Dot, combined with top-loading the battery, was a winning deal for me.

The Slide I sent in was a standard Glock Slide. The milling tolerances in putting the Sight in are EXTREMELY tight. Like, the Sight ONLY installs (slides) in one direction in the milled area, and once in, it doesn't really move at all. Then, of course, you screw it down, and voila... firmly secured.

The only thing I wish I could have done differently... either buy a Suarez spec slide for the Gen4 Glock 30... or coat it. I'm all about discretion and dependability, so to me, the Ion Bond process Suarez uses seems the most likely color coat, but I guess I should ask about what durability differences there are between Ion Bond and Aqua -Terra... TiN isn't happening, unless I suddenly discover a talent for Hip-Hop or Rap, and need to "Bling mah sh*t up!"

Should you decide to go this route, I highly recommend paying the extra to get the slide re-coated.

Otherwise, I'm VERY pleased. Thanks to Mike for the help...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk