Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Kaiki?

Got a picture with knife out of sheath?
    I rather you hated me for who I am than love me for who I ain't!
    This Ain't the Movies, and You Ain't John Wayne!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!
    TRAIN HARD= SOONER OR LATER YOU"LL NEED IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunwillie View Post
    I might buy one. The only reason I didn't buy a Grab n Stab is the lack of a guard. I can't wait to see what this one comes out to be.

Well...none of my concealment knives will have guards, so you probably won't buy this one either..
    Gabe Suarez

“Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain

Suarez International USA Headquarters

lack of a guard.
    Using any fighting knife that is designed without a guard is a training issue, not a knife issue.
    There are two types of pain in this world, one of discipline, and one of regret. - Greg Nichols

Because most like the idea of being a warrior more than the reality of it. - Dave Sauer

Human beings aren’t the top of the food chain because we’re just so clever. We’re there because deep inside we are the most homicidal animal on the planet, and sometimes that animal isn’t buried all that deep.

"Last edited by Boetman; 10-21-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: confuckulated "

Different blades with different killing. I look forward to using as a new hold out blade, and the blade design is ideal. It's not a bowie so there is no need for a guard. And NOBODY carries a bowie more than I do! :)
    Last edited by John Chambers; 03-25-2016 at 02:42 PM.
    "IN ORBE TERRUM NON VISI"

"LUCK FAVORS THE PREPARED"

"So I have to take my beret from my head, and put it in my heart. I'm not going to put it back on until the enemy has them by the throat. Not until I'm fighting for the Constitution of the United States of America."

To Train with John Chambers: CLICK HERE!

HRO-5: Terrorist / Active Shooter Interdiction - 1/23-24/2016

CRG-3: Advanced Gunfighting - 4/2-3/2016

RGF-3: Advanced Rifle Gunfighting - 5/21-22/2016

HRO-2: Rural Patrolling II - 10/1-2/2016

The shape and texture of the current version G'n'S scales make for the most secure knife grip I have ever held without a ring or a hilt. Dip it in motor oil and go crazy on a big tire or whatever. It's not happening going to move. The grip shape provides maximal versatility for a wharncliffe blade, and that texture sets the standard for grip security.

Same goes for the GU. Same texture and a grip that provides maximum utility and versatility in the smallest, most concealable size and shape.

Quote Originally Posted by khadga View Post
    The shape and texture of the current version G'n'S scales make for the most secure knife grip I have ever held without a ring or a hilt. Dip it in motor oil and go crazy on a big tire or whatever. It's not happening going to move. The grip shape provides maximal versatility for a wharncliffe blade, and that texture sets the standard for grip security.

Same goes for the GU. Same texture and a grip that provides maximum utility and versatility in the smallest, most concealable size and shape.
    That may be so, and I would buy one of I could put my hands on one before.

I do understand the concealment issues and that adding a guard adds bulk.

I have a Gang Unit and love it. Maybe I should give the GnS a try.

I like it. I'm going to have to get one. What is the material y'all used to wrap the handle ?
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!

kaiki-1.jpg

Cord wrapped, triple dipped rubberized compound.
    Gabe Suarez

“Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.”

― Mark Twain

I do understand the concealment issues and that adding a guard adds bulk
    I think the issue has more to do with snagging on the draw than bulk or difficulty in concealment.
    ...Knowing is often a Barrier to Learning...

I am not going to have guards on these because they aren't necessary, nor important on this kind of blade. if that is a deal - breaker, then it is what it is. On BIG KNIVES it a different deal...on these...no.

DSC_1084.jpg
    Gabe Suarez

― Mark Twain