Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Continuing to pray! Stay strong!

Sending prayers.
    Suarez International Student since 2013

Prayers sent, of course...........
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

Prayers lifted......never never give up John.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More prayers sent.
    Suarez International Staff Instructor, Iowa

"EVERY MAN IS A COUNTER TERRORIST." --Gabe Suarez
    "It's not the will to win that matters--everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." --Paul "Bear" Bryant
    "Love of theory is the root of all evil." --William M. Briggs

Formerly "ericmt"

Thank you Wolverine!
    ~ JMC ~

...The Caliber of a Man is Often Determined by the Amount of Opposition it Takes to Discourage Him...

"Reality isn't the way you wish things to be, nor the way they appear to be, but the way they actually are.
    Either you acknowledge reality and use it to your benefit, or it will automatically work against you."

We are almost at a year now since this journey began. But it feels like only 2-3 months. Everything has moved so fast and I always feel behind. So much has happened. More than I can possibly describe on any forum. With all I do share when I can, there's mountains more on the backside of reality. Every voice, every letter, every text message - they help us. Thank you to those who still reach out. This road has been very difficult with a very high bar. And the path is often lonely. We're tired, but so far we're exceeding expectations. With no small help from you! John has become an outlier for the type of treatment he is on. There was an 85% chance it would not work more than 2-3 months. We're at 30 weeks! As his NO told his before - no one can take away the fact that this has worked so far, even when statistically they say it probably won't. How far John's come against many factors and odds in truly remarkable.

John has MRIs and new neuro cognitive evaluations today and Friday. I'm in the waiting room now and he wanted me to be sure and let you guys know he's faithful and engaged in this fight. Hopefully all the new spots from his last two MRIs are gone and his liver enzymes have come back down. They had to reduce his chemo dosage for the last cycle already because of the elevation. If the liver enzymes get worse, they may have to stop chemo. Which is extremely undesired right now. There is an area that has never receded, so we really need to keep hitting it. We ask for prayers that either this treatment continue to work, or another that's as good or better replaces it. The rest of his blood work has been looking good though. And we've focused on supporting his liver and kidneys more.

We feel really good about the efforts we've taken. Reducing inflammation everywhere in the body is key! As well as supporting the organs through chemo. If John had not been so focused on his fitness and diet before all this happened, he would not be here. And this aggressive combo treatment they are using for him would not have worked. He would not have been healthy enough! His NO team has been very clear about this. If you want an example of why our fitness and dietary choices matter when nothing seems to be wrong healthwise, well this is it. It is not the easy path. It is not even a cheap path. But it has made all the difference. You never know what you are going to face someday. Regardless of whether the fight is outside in the world, or inside your body - preparation makes a difference.

It's been a difficult winter when it comes to seasonal illness and exposure to John. His exhaustion levels are increasing. It might be from fighting flu/chemo/seizures/cancer. It's having a negative impact on communication. But overall he otherwise feels good and while he's more tired, his cognitive stamina is improving. Stroke recovery is evident and vision has stabilized enough to move forward with new prescription, visual therapy and eventually prisms to compensate for the peripheral vision loss. Tomorrow's neuro tests will be crucial for the next steps in therapy.

We hope today's MRIs match John's (and my) determination! One thing we know. Blessings happen regardless of circumstances, if we allow God to work fully in our lives. Something like this, we have no choice but work as hard as we know how, be open to Divine Guidance and allow the Hand of God to do the rest. One thing we really need prayerful support on is for our health, life and disability insurance to continue to hold out, and also resolve some billing issues. While we have help from a patient advocate, there are some continued issues and the stress from it is incredible. The system always has holes and we're experiencing more than our fair share.

We recorded a message for our friends a few weeks ago. Sorry, I've only just finally uploaded it. It's been... well, busy.
    I just wanted to make sure you get this, before things get too busy again here soon.

We'll know more in a few hours...
    Love and blessings to all...

~ JMC ~

...The Caliber of a Man is Often Determined by the Amount of Opposition it Takes to Discourage Him...

"Reality isn't the way you wish things to be, nor the way they appear to be, but the way they actually are.
    Either you acknowledge reality and use it to your benefit, or it will automatically work against you."

Prayers sent....
    Cajun Crusader

DPS 09/18-19/10, PSP 11/20-21/10, FRS 02/05-06/11 KRG 03/19-20/11, ARG 04/14-15/11,CRG 05/07-08/11,
    TMCO 06/04-05/11, 0-5'PG 06/25-26/11, ACRG 11/12-13/11, VGF 03/03/12, ATM 04/21-22/12, 0-5' PG 06/09-10/12,
    CRG 05/18-19/13, RG 09/07-08/13, CRG5 0-5' PG 03/08-09/14, Pistol Gunfighting 05/20-21/17, CRG 2 03/10-11/18

Prayers uplifted, just say the word and we are there...I'm only 2 city blocks away. John , you and family has been a true inspiration of how powerful the human spirit can be.

Thank you for the update. John, you and your family continue to be in my prayers. God bless!