Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shannon Hogan is offline Suarez International Affiliate - Salt Lake City
    I usually don't make public my donations but I'm bumping this thread back to the top! Keep the donations coming!Shannon
    fulminis instar "Like thunderbolts, fast as lightning."
    Hogan Clan motto.

Back to the Top to keep this on our minds - thank you.
    Wait for the Lord. Behave yourself manfully, and be of good courage.
    Do not be faithless, but stay in your place and do not turn back.
    Thomas Kempis

Tribe! John is back on line with us, but he still needs our help... This will surely be a long road for one of our own... Keep putting in the funds for him....

Gents,

When you make your contributions, please make note of the company and name of the fund. Someone recently did a chargeback on them for $100. Whoever that was, please fix the issue as they could use the $100.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

The Chambers family asked that I give the tribe an update on John’s condition.

John has fought his way through 6 weeks of radiation treatment at this point however his ailment is proving fairly tenacious. It’s difficult for me to provide a detailed update while respecting the privacy of the family and exercising my belief that negativity, especially concerning a person’s health shouldn’t be acknowledged verbally and should be addressed with a PMA at all times so bear with me as I do my best here.

John had a large growth on the right side of his brain, identified a couple of months ago, a large portion was removed through a pair of surgeries prior to his radiation treatment and it looked like they could treat the remainder with the radiation.

John is a strong, resourceful, and adaptable. His ailment is proving to be much like him, without getting into details I will just say to keep him on the forefront of your prayers, check in on his Gofundme site and attend any of his benefit classes that you are able. Keep in mind that all proceeds from these classes will go to the family directly.

The most aggravating thing for me is to have a brother fighting something that I don’t have the opportunity to stand shoulder to shoulder with him and crush with violence. Make no mistake gang, John is my friend, my brother, and no quitter, let’s bolster his defenses as best we can with prayer and financially as we are able.
    Greg "Hyena" Nichols
    Instagram: tacfit_az
    Facebook: SI Instructor Greg Nichols

#thinkinginviolence
    #tactisexual

Always entertaining, mildly offensive
    IANative: Indeed, when you grab Brent (or he grabs you), it feels like liquid unobtanium wrapped in rawhide... whereas Greg is just solid muscle wrapped in hate, seasoned w/ snuff and a little lead.

http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...he-Obscenities

Thank's for the update. John and his family remain at the top of my prayer list.

John Chambers is offline Suarez International Staff Instructor - Retired
    Thank you from all! This is the largest war I have, with the God with us!! I AM going more!
    "IN ORBE TERRUM NON VISI"

"LUCK FAVORS THE PREPARED"

"So I have to take my beret from my head, and put it in my heart. I'm not going to put it back on until the enemy has them by the throat. Not until I'm fighting for the Constitution of the United States of America."

To Train with John Chambers: CLICK HERE!

HRO-5: Terrorist / Active Shooter Interdiction - 1/23-24/2016

CRG-3: Advanced Gunfighting - 4/2-3/2016

RGF-3: Advanced Rifle Gunfighting - 5/21-22/2016

HRO-2: Rural Patrolling II - 10/1-2/2016

Dear Friends, as the year comes to a close, John and I wanted to be sure and touch base. It's often overwhelming to keep everyone in the loop, as the landscape has changed many times in the course of John's/our fight. Simple things we often take for granted have become a daily challenge. John continues to recover, but his fight against glioblastoma, as well to recover full functions, is far from over. Your continued prayers and encouragement are worth gold. Thank you so much for the love and support you have provided us!

2016 has proved an undesirable and bipolar year of near weekly extremes. Extreme fight for life. Extreme blessings and miracles. Sometimes happening all in the same moment. In comparison to other glioblastoma warriors, we are very blessed. John's neuro oncology team is one of the best at MD Anderson. Getting John out of Austin and to MDA saved his life. The treatment they proposed in Austin would have killed him and the initial surgeon did not have the skills necessary to help John more than to just relieve the pressure. And while the initial treatment failed, the current treatment is working against all odds. The treatment John's currently on only works as far as it has for him in about 15% of cases. While statistics say this is not a good treatment for GBM patients, it's working for him. As his NO said, no one can take that from him. Our insurance is holding out, still paying for John's treatment, in spite of the million dollar price tag it will have by next March. Many GBM patients are not as lucky with lesser policies, so we are sticking with COBRA for now since they have not turned down any of his treatments, in spite of the expense.

However, even with all these, we couldn't have made it without additional help.
    For our high deductible and the things not covered by insurance, the Suarez tribe, along with other friends, college alumni and family stepped out to help us with expenses. Helped us make ends meet while John battles. Suarez instructors volunteered their time to fundraising. Other friends opened their homes to us, as we are on the road frequently for treatment, reducing our travel expenses. Some have hosted our children and gotten them to school, while John required daily treatment away from home. Some have sent groceries and cooked meals. Some have helped with rides and errands and even cleaning house. Treating this disease and recovering from stroke is complex and life consuming. All the financial donations that Gabe, Cheryl, and you have provided has helped pay for medical bills, travel expenses, therapy, health insurance premiums that are now 100% out of our pocket, not to mention nutritional support that helps John's body process the level of combined chemo he's currently on. Thank you so much for your part! Every prayer, every good thought, every effort!

In other blessings, we recently received good news from John's employer, after months of heartache and worry over COBRA, paperwork and policies. As long as he's disabled, they have decided to pay for John's life insurance so we do not have to. With his diagnosis, this is an incredible gift, as any life insurance is hard to get now. This is money we can put towards therapy and next year's deductible. And it's worry off John's back. So far, his HR and long-term disability teams have been very compassionate and helpful. The sheer amount of paperwork involved with all of this is simply astounding. Every time I think I'm finally done with all the papers, I'm not - there's more.

Writing is difficult for John, but his speech is greatly improved. We made the video below before John's last MRI in November when new spots showed up on his scans. The oncologists cannot tell yet if the new spots are scar tissue from radiation or cancer progression. These spots are in addition to a previous cancerous area that remained after surgery and recurrence in summer and continues to interfere with John's eyesight. Hopefully we'll know more at the next MRI on Jan 9th. John continues to feel better, but these spots are no small concern. Thank you for your love and continued prayers!

All in all, 2016 was an awful year for us. But it was also a year of surprises and miracles. May 2017 be better for all of us. And may a cure for glioblastoma finally be found!

Last edited by BikerMom; 01-01-2017 at 12:00 AM.
    ~ JMC ~

...The Caliber of a Man is Often Determined by the Amount of Opposition it Takes to Discourage Him...

"Reality isn't the way you wish things to be, nor the way they appear to be, but the way they actually are.
    Either you acknowledge reality and use it to your benefit, or it will automatically work against you."

PS: While we wanted to give you an update, I am also requesting your prayers in another way. Prayers for John's continued fight yes, but also prayers to resolve some incredible paperwork headaches and worries. Headaches that have stolen hours upon hours of time and threaten our ability to receive treatment, etc..

Currently, we've been fighting a billing error of over $16,000 - going on 6 months now. It started with our insurance processing John's surgery as "out of network" when it was actually in network. This resulted in our insurance over-paying the hospital. The error was caught and reprocessed on the insurance side, but not on MD Anderson's side. They continue to show that we owe $16000 for "out of network" expenses, when they've actually been overpaid by our insurance. I've spent hours on the phone, in 3-way conference calls with insurance and in meetings inside MDA's billing office and this issue STILL has not been resolved. Every person I talk to says they've made a request for someone higher up the chain to look into the issue. But we continue to receive bills and now notices for collections. We need help getting this resolved and keeping all our medical accounting straight. As well, there are some smaller billing issues and we are waiting on decisions and resolutions involving John's disability. Without resolution, we'll run into issues, especially with the new year. And potentially, it could even affect treatment.

In spite of our proactivity, this and other "paperwork" issues have caused great stress for our family. Doing everything I know to do, and talking to everyone I can, simply has not fixed this situation yet. I need reinforcements. Would you please include this burden in your prayers too? Thank you so much! ♥
    ~ JMC ~

...The Caliber of a Man is Often Determined by the Amount of Opposition it Takes to Discourage Him...

"Reality isn't the way you wish things to be, nor the way they appear to be, but the way they actually are.
    Either you acknowledge reality and use it to your benefit, or it will automatically work against you."

Prayers and donation sent. Will continue to lift you all up.
    In every country where independence has taken the place of liberty, the first desire of a manly heart is to possess a weapon, which at once renders him capable of defence or attack, and, by rendering its owner terrible, often makes him feared- Alexandre Dumas