Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Liu View Post
    The fiberglass knives from Cold Steel, AG Russell, Choate, etc. should work. G-10 knives will have better cutting ability but still not as good as steel. Some people sell old-fashioned knives knapped from obsidian or flint.

Some metal detectors can detect even the foil in gum wrappers so titanium knives won't be a good idea.

You could carve a knife from hardwood, cut one out of a piece of ceramic, or something along those lines.
    In those situations, something that is not obviously a weapon is a better choice, and much more deniable. Remember those big jumbo pencils we got in 1st grade? How'd you like to get stabbed in the throat with one of those repeatedly? Think more along those lines.

This is more about attitude, not equipment. Don't get too wrapped up in the tools that you forget the intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Suarez View Post
    With that face concealed we have no possible idea who that might be.

Great points about aggressiveness, offense not defense, stabbing not slashing, and non-weapon options such as pencils.
    Every tool kit has screwdrivers.
    The Book of Judges has a great story about a female warrior named Deborah, who dispatched the enemy named Sisera using something handy, namely a tent peg thru the temple.
    Common objects should be studied and practiced with ahead of time.
    DPS
    PSP
    CRG
    KRG
    0-5
    TASI
    APSP

Quote Originally Posted by R. Lafayette View Post
    They didn't say, but I'd be willing to bet his last name is something along the lines of "Bin Mohamed"
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

The stabbing/cutting weapons for me is when I cannot have a gun. I greatly appreciate the suggestions non-detectable weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    The stabbing/cutting weapons for me is when I cannot have a gun. I greatly appreciate the suggestions non-detectable weapons.
    I have found that unless there is a cop running a full body scanner, a GU tucked horizontally behind my belt buckle is always overlooked. Even when they're running a wand.

There are probably various reasons for the oversight, but I've been able to take my GU into places that any sort of weapon is strictly forbidden.
    Isaiah 54:17

Deus dea traballo, dixo o enterrador.

I know this is an old thread but truth and wisdom none the less.

"There was a story once about a man in Central America being "followed" by three thugs. It was clear what the outcome would be. But the man in the story decidedly ambushed them by turning a corner into an alley, getting ready and stabbing the first man (probably killing him...it is unknown), stabbing the second man, and then the third man and he ran in opposite directions. That is the sort of "ambush" we are talking about and not a classic "L" ambush or a Richard Ramirez Night Stalker type of ambush. It is getting ahead of the fight and overwhelming the other side with a level of violence they will never match in time to survive you."

When I was younger and getting into fights I feared what the wolf might do. I still do at times. But now that I am much older I realize the wolf was a gift from God not to be despised but molded to your will.
    Is God Politically Correct? If not should you be? - F. Huff -- God is unchanging in His love. He loves you. He has a plan for your life. Don't let the newspaper headlines frighten you. God is still sovereign; He's still on the throne. - B. Graham -- No statement should be believed because it is made by an authority. - Robert A. Heinlein

Timely resurrection of an old thread! Saw on Fox News homepage this a.m. 2 NYPD cops attempted to disperse a crowd. Of course, they got jumped and thug got one in a headlock until he fell to the ground.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-cop-...nx-crowd-video

My first thought: cops wasn't Suarez trained, thug woulda gotten shanked!
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    Timely resurrection of an old thread! Saw on Fox News homepage this a.m. 2 NYPD cops attempted to disperse a crowd. Of course, they got jumped and thug got one in a headlock until he fell to the ground.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/nypd-cop-...nx-crowd-video

My first thought: cops wasn't Suarez trained, thug woulda gotten shanked!
    Not a headlock, a guillotine. The perp did not have it fully applied, probably due to no actual training. If the perp had training, he could easily have choked out the officer or taken him head first into the pavement. If the officer had any training (jiu jitsu training now prohibited by the politicians), he could easily have reversed that situation and subdued the perp, at least until more thugs jumped on him.

Human beings aren’t the top of the food chain because we’re just so clever. We’re there because deep inside we are the most homicidal animal on the planet, and sometimes that animal isn’t buried all that deep.

"Last edited by Boetman; 10-21-2015 at 01:54 PM. Reason: confuckulated "

I used to have this pic as my desktop on my old computer. Got a lot of weird looks from people when they saw it.

Loved that article when you posted it. Great info then as well as now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Hey.. Why not join the Army? It's free!!