Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Glock pdw sans shockwave

Shortly before Gabe offered his ridiculously reasonable price on the endo combo I was gifted a sb15 buffer tube.

Should I just buy an endo ($40 or so) and slap the tube on, then call it good?

I know with the ar pistol no brace is added as there is little value. This seems different with this weapon.

Should I instead sell the tube and just buy Gabe's combo? Or buy an endo and a shockwave?

I considered just the tube but I think that's shaky legal ground. The AR NEEDS the tube to function. The brace is legal because it's a BRACE...so on a Glock I'd use the Shockwave.

And it DOES help. I find a brace isn't needed for an AR because the tube works quite well. On the Glock, well I won't go into details but the brace does what it's supposed to.
    Brent Yamamoto
    Suarez International Tier 1 Staff Instructor

Ready, willing, able. Bring it.

Instagram: karate_at_1200fps

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I considered just the tube but I think that's shaky legal ground. The AR NEEDS the tube to function. The brace is legal because it's a BRACE...so on a Glock I'd use the Shockwave.

And it DOES help. I find a brace isn't needed for an AR because the tube works quite well. On the Glock, well I won't go into details but the brace does what it's supposed to.
    Interesting angle. So the tube is too high to use as a brace without the shockwave? Just trying to see why there is a greater legal concern without the brace than with.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Yamamoto View Post
    I considered just the tube but I think that's shaky legal ground. The AR NEEDS the tube to function. The brace is legal because it's a BRACE.
    How else to say this.

All ARs (for our purposes) require a buffer tube. So just seeing an AR pistol does not raise eyebrows.

A Glock does not require a tube to function. It's acceptable to use a Glock with a brace...but to see a bare buffer tube may raise some eyebrows. Hey, it may be totally kosher, what do I know. (Few gun regs make any sense) But I'm not gonna be the one to test it.

Besides, when you can get the whole kit for around $100 why are we even having this discussion?

I've been using the hell out of this set up for a little while now. I don't want to comment further because Mordor is watching...but please trust me that it does work better with the Shockwave.
    Brent Yamamoto

The Shockwave is supposed to fit most pistol buffer tubes, you don't have to use theirs. A tube is what, $20 or so, and really not even worth the discussion.

Thanks for the input.

I will go ahead and buy the adapter + shockwave, or if it is close to price of Gabe's package (and I suspect that it will be) I'll just buy that from him.

The KPOS pathfinder just has a buffer tube no brace

Quote Originally Posted by Scottman View Post
    The KPOS pathfinder just has a buffer tube no brace
    Well, ya got me there.

I still don't think it's a great idea but you guys do what you want. What I will tell you is that in terms of, ya know, actually shooting it, the Shockwave helps.

From the Mako Group's website:
    "The Pathfinder KPOS is stabilized by the shooters hands on the pistol, the shooter's cheek on the stabilizer tube, and the sling on the shooter's body. Pushing the Pathfinder KPOS forward against the sling creates tension and stabilizes the pistol."

I haven't used a KPOS but I have used guns using a only cheekweld and sling support (specifically AR and Mechtech pistols). I have practiced with it a lot, and it is useful for some things. But the Glock PDW with the Shockwave is much easier.

Guys, don't take my word for it. Buy the kit from Gabe, it's only $100. Try it with only a buffer tube, try it with the Shockwave; then tell us what is better.

If you don't like the Shockwave, let me know. If I don't have another one by then I'll buy it off you.
    Brent Yamamoto

Yep! Brent I have the mech tech, the glock pdw, the pathfinder etc. I hope to play with them wednesday. The pathfinder has a padded buffer tube for face contact. I'm guessing it could be modded wtih the shockwave.

Quote Originally Posted by callmebubba View Post
    Anyone doubting this concept needs to hold one. I haven't shot mine yet but it's safe to say my 17 lives on it now.
    Need to find another $200 for a threaded 17 barrel. With the suppressor it'll be perfect.
    agreed. I was skeptical; but...just got mine in and modded to fit my gen4 g17 and it's just what the doctor ordered.

I also ordered a threaded Suarez barrel...now to wait patiently for the next batch of barrels to ship!