Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Default GLOCK PDW UPDATES

The first time we worked with this the "light bulbs" about its potential lit up. Again...it was a confluence of events and products that created this animal. It doesn't fulfill its potential without a red dot. And it is not possible (vis-a-vis NFA) without the existence of the "Arm Brace" concept. We have put together a kit as seen above, and for a very usable price point as well...made possible by our large buy in.

So things that make this weapon concept more useful:

1). The slide charging handle which is a maybe-yes-maybe-no on a holster carried weapon really comes into its own here, giving a very M4-like weapon manipulation for charging.

2). The weapon benefits from a light mount as shown from a handling perspective. Not essential but I have found it helpful...and besides...a CQB weapon should have one.

3). It can be used separate from the pistol...in other words carried as an accessory and deployed when some warning suggests it is time, but IMHO, this works best with a dedicated pistol that is so arranged and left that way.

4). The magwells do not work with this arrangement, but I think we may bring one out that does.

5). Carry bags that are 20" in length work prefect for this. I located a 5.11 Rush bag that holds this like a baby bird in a nest.

6). It would be nice to have an additional "safety system". This is not carried in a holster generally and the manual of arms is more like a rifle. One would not store a rifle cocked-locked-but off safe. It seems that deploying is no issue since one can work the slide...but what about after? Do we unload and go empty chamber? The notion of my finger is my safety is attractive, but it never works that way in the real world. When not being used a pistol is holstered...a rifle is put on safe. The Glock PDW is.....?

7). Extended magazine release buttons help the manual of arms.

More to follow.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

I've been thinking about the safety issue today. The only thing I can think of is locking the slide back after the threat has been eliminated. If you need to shoot again simply hit the slide release and work the trigger.

Definitely not an ideal method, but it's the best I have come up with so far.

Maybe another way to slightly take it out of battery?

I'm just going to slap a Suarez NPE holster on mine. Safety issue solved. The conventional NPE model wouldn't work with an attached light but I'm sure the Suarez elves could come up with one that had a vertical orientation rather than an horizontal orientation so it could be installed and removed without interfering with the light.

And, if you do make a mag guide that works with the Endo, it'd be nifty to also have one that extended the grip of a G19 to be handier with this system.

I quite like the idea of the charging handle on this...off to OST again. :)

Doc
    Wanna Learn about Medicinal Herbs & Edible Plants?
    HomeGrownHerbalist.net

What about the Suarez NPE-2 holster? If it is going to be kept in a bag, the end of the lanyard could be attached somewhere within the bag so when the PDW is removed the holster stays behind? Then is can be chambered and ready to go.

Wasnt there a "block" that snapped in behind the trigger that popped out like a 870 safety when you were ready to fire?

KGrHqJogFC9-YtQUFBQz3jKNWg60_1_zps8493563a.jpg
    Last edited by EDELWEISS; 01-27-2016 at 03:23 PM.

yep the trigger guard holster, either 550 corded to the carry pack, or with a larger 550 cobra braid as a "ripcord" for the guard.

Will try to get you some pics
    NEVER CONFUSE GETTING LUCKY WITH GOOD TACTICS (unless you are at the bar)

I'm not in the business of Losing

A stab to the taint beats most of the mystical bullshit, most of the time

If youre gonna carry the Glock PDW chamber loaded I like the "block" Better that the Zack / NPE. It seems a more natural maneuver to me. I love the Zack but not so much in a "off body" set up....
    Attachment 46699

Quote Originally Posted by coastalcop View Post
    yep the trigger guard holster, either 550 corded to the carry pack, or with a larger 550 cobra braid as a "ripcord" for the guard.

Will try to get you some pics
    Beat me to it.

Or just run empty chamber and charge upon removing from the bag.

The issue is not necessarily disengaging the safety if it's an NPE holster or even that trigger block, it's being able to easily engage the safety after eliminating the threat without looking, fumbling with parts, or even touching the trigger, with the firing hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunwillie View Post
    The issue is not necessarily disengaging the safety if it's an NPE holster or even that trigger block, it's being able to easily engage the safety after eliminating the threat without looking, fumbling with parts, or even touching the trigger, with the firing hand.
    I think I'm not understanding what you are saying. There's no external safety on a Glock. In addition, there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a second after using a weapon to look down at it to do something like clip a zach or npe to the trigger guard IF it is a safe time to put it away. What am I missing?