Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17576263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeromy Hasenkamp View Post
    Hmm.. I might know a guy that could help u out with the UTM part . ;-)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Heard that guy was a member here!?
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017

Finally got to the range yesterday to actually shoot. Just some casual plinking with some Christmas gift ammo. Ran several mags thru the G-19, popping spent shotgun shells, etc. Need to sandbag it for group; seemed a little to the left at 50yds on the plate rack. Maybe I'm just rusty.
    I always have my primary weapon; it's right between my ears.

Began shopping for new boots. Kicked myself (no pun) for looking at boots when I need new mag bodies.

Put 30 Wolf SP 5.45 through the AKS-74. Not a single problem throughout. Making me suspicious, considering last time I couldn`t get past 4 rounds before a hiccup. The story goes that Wolf took .223 SPs and swaged them to .221 for a 5.45, so the bullet is much smaller than an FMJ or HP. That of course leads to problems feeding. They fire and eject fine though.
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Installed a budget (Guntec) free float tube on my beater AR. I had to make a wrench to torque the barrel nut because a Crescent wrench tightened to "precisely 30 ft./lbs." just seemed to be, ahh, a little vague. The tube is really light, which makes me wonder about its durability. That's why it went on the beater..

bought a new 20 inch AR10 upper.

I installed a GFA & black rubber Talon's
    on the 17.4 frame that I just ordered
    from SI. I using the slide & barrel that
    was displaced off of my original 17,
    when I bought my RMR cut slide &
    tactical barrel, also from SI.

It has the best oem trigger of the all
    the Glocks I own, or have ever handled.
    I think I am going to leave it alone.

I also just finished reloading 1000 rounds
    9mm range ammo. I have another 1000
    to go. Then I'll start on the .40 & .45.

Lastly, I think I have finalized my plan for
    my night carbine. It will have a red dot,
    OTAL, WML White/IR & magpul furniture.
    I am waiting on the last box of parts
    to arrive for that.

John
    Last edited by Johnny C!; 02-16-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" Alan Temby

Had a fight with the YL last night and had to go and do something. I looked at my surplus black poly AK handguards and a can of Rustoleum camouflage brown. Around an hour later (under a desk lamp that throws heat like it`s going out of style) the job was done. I like it. Please excuse the carpet looking like I skinned a wookie. There are plenty of tan and OD guns out there but brown gets criminally little representation in my opinion, while staying just as practical.

BwKcX9m.jpg

62MHJLx.jpg
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Quick range trip. I had a few odd cartridges sitting around I decided to burn instead of dumping them back into their boxes. Just now finished cleaning and re-oiled the AK.
    -Greg Nichols

-Shooterb

Hit the range the last 2 days....worked up to 300 yards (farthest distance that range has) getting to know POI with different ammo. Making notes etc. Help another fella by spotting for him on the 300 as he was trying out his home built 308. It turns out, his Model 70 that was given to him by his dad was more accurate.

It's Pi Day, so I pulled the RMR from my 17 cleaned all the surfaces involved, changed the battery, and reinstalled. 1st 12 months with an RMR'd glock. Awesome!
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    HITS - 3, CRG - 3; 8/12 - 8/14/16; RGF - 2; 7/15 -7/16/17
    TN/GA/AL Training Group

"40 shots rang out....40 people fell. Patti and the Killer missed each other, but they shot that town to Hell!"
    Cow Patti, Jim Stafford via Randy Harris