Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1092
    Brief test of 9mm P226 conversion: folded slide on a .40 frame, Grayguns straight trigger, 17# hammer spring, bobbed hammer, and a 20 (actually 21) round MecGar.

Magazine worked perfectly even with 21 aboard. I used WWB, and had light primer strikes on three rounds, one requiring 5 tries. "Tailing" on some primer strikes. POI off and group size larger than with the standard hammer spring.

Conventional wisdom was light hammer strikes resulted in less accuracy. Pulled the 17# and installed a 19# hammer spring. Maybe the additional 2# will retard slide opening just a bit.

Verdict still out on the straight trigger, but it does no harm and may allow a skosh more room in the guard. Now for more dryfire practice.
    Last edited by Papa; 05-05-2019 at 03:15 PM.
    Warrior for the working day.

Es una cosa muy seria. --Robert Capa

"...I ride the range in a Ford V8...Yippy Yi Yo Ki Yay." --Johnny Mercer

"Can I move?...I'm better when I move."

1, 3, 11. And a wakeup.

Finally drilled out the mag tube dimples in my TAC14. Now I`ve got my GG&G follower in that sucker!

kQz1XET.jpg
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Sunday was M16 & UZI day at the range.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by glocked View Post
    Sunday was M16 & UZI day at the range.
    What`s up, 1982?

I gave my dad this shirt as an early fathers day gift a few days ago. That means I`m covered come June, right? lol

auHvAFb.jpg
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Once there was a company called TSD Combat Systems. And they made some pretty good stuff.
    But all things must pass. And when the CEO cleaned out the closet, some items were sold. Cheaply.
    And DIY was the name of the game.

Today, I resurrected one of my DIY guns, off-line for awhile because of iron sight issues:

TSD1.jpg

First group with stock Glock trigger, OEM barrel, RMR, SI? firing pin safety and "-" connector. 10 yards, right hand shooting, left supporting.

TSD2.jpg

Got sore, so after changing out the trigger to a vintage SI semi-curved, I went to the left hand with right supporting. Still 10 yards.

TSD3.jpg

This pistol can outshoot me any day of the week. Good candidate for a retirement EDC, once those grip grooves disappear.
    Last edited by Papa; 06-17-2019 at 03:07 PM.

1, 3, 11. And a wakeup.

My sandman K finally got out of jail this week I timed a couple muzzle brakes my 300 aac pdw has a flash hider.

I love this can and based on my observations DeadAir has one of the best mounting systems in the industry.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention that has been praised and denounced... Served Hero and villain alike... and carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

KRG 9/11/11, PSGS 3/23/12, CPM 8/11/12, ACPM 8/18/12, M4 Sniper Week 2/20/13, TMCO 4/27/13, ATM 10/26/13, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 6/19/15, CRG-1 9/26/15, TASI 1/23/16, Wilderness Warrior Weekend 9/30/16

Picked up a Gen 2 Beretta 1301 and just drilled out the follower to a 1/2" diameter and an unsightly but effective Dremel deburring.
    Now both visually and tactilly I can easily identify the follower from a shell.

Last edited by John_Frederick; 06-29-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Assembled a squat rack at the house and lifted some iron for the first time in many weeks due to crappy work schedules and some family issues. More to come. The body is a weapon....

What did YOU do today with weapons? Dry Practice
    Yea, though I walk through the valley, in the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I graduated from Suarez International's Ultimate Combat Skills Course.

Bought a couple of MecGar 15 round 92C magazines, swapped the floorplates, loaded 'em up, let 'em sit for a couple of days, tested them today.

Flawless.

15+1 with a "flush" mag means you're not giving away anything in capacity to a 92F with standard mags, or a G19 for that matter.

Also: ordered comps for my G17 PDW and 43. This oughtta be fun.

1, 3, 11. And a wakeup.