Page 1 of 110 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Default What did YOU do today with weapons?

I`ve seen similar threads thrive on other forums and so I figure one like it couldn`t hurt in such a community as ours. Just like the title says, what did you do today with the weapons at your disposal?
    To start I finished cleaning the Makita M4 after spending yesterday morning teaching my dad about ARs, as well as running some malfunction drills with dummy ammo. Don`t mind the timestamp, I realized I hadn`t fixed it only when putting the photos on my computer. I feel fortunate in having the youth afforded me to enjoy the ability to spend time with my dad, and it`s clear he has a great time learning new things. So, what`ve you done today?
    VVZtBUv.jpg
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Thats awesome Brother. Lost my Father young, I miss those times. Thats a good day!!
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

"When Your Time Comes To Die. Be Not Like Those Whose Hearts Are Filled With Fear Of Death. So When Their Time Comes They Weep And Pray For A Little More Time To Live Their Lives Over Again In A Different Way.
    SING YOUR DEATH SONG AND DIE LIKE A HERO GOING HOME" Tecumseh

I smashed stuff with a sledge hammer.
    Geek Warlord
    Dungeons & Dragons & Deadlifts

Muscle Wizard Casts: Fist

CRG-1 DPS
    CRG-2 CRG x 2
    SGF-1 Shotgun Gunfighting
    Trauma care under fire
    Spetsnaz Sniper
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction
    HRO-6 CQB: Fighting in Structures
    CRG-4 Force on Force
    HRO-5 Terrorist & Active Shooter Interdiction - 3 day
    TWOTU edition
    Trauma Medicine for the CCW Operator
    Pistol Ground Fighting (Taint Shooting Progressions)

TWOTU since May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkface View Post
    I smashed stuff with a sledge hammer.
    "The art of the 10-pound"?
    That was a great write-up BTW.
    "they have no basis of comparison and have trouble understanding how an education in violence is presented and have to struggle through the internalization of the topic."
    -Greg Nichols

"mediocrity is the order of the day and everyone gets a trophy just for showing up."
    -Shooterb

Didn't shoot disadvantaged yutes, didn't shoot a terr at the outdoor mall that has been targeted by a douchenozzle for the past two weeks, but I did have a nice filet, Manhattan, and BBQ chicken breast, in same said mall! Unfortunately, as much as I spent for an evening out, there was absolutely no return as far as weapons go! I'm sad, wanted to be the first to send Edel an ear, but alas, it was not to be!

Sorry Edel, really wanted to start your collection!

Opened and tore down boxes with my Benchmade
    Opened a couple beers with my choirboy
    Ordered a carry bag for my SI AR pistol
    Ordered sling mag pouch to carry in AR pistol bag
    And just found some gen2 G17's & G19's LEO trade ins for $359 that I am thinking of ordering.... Hmmmm
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by steve_k View Post
    And just found some gen2 G17's & G19's LEO trade ins for $359 that I am thinking of ordering.... Hmmmm
    If we`re going to take the "I ordered X" route, I`ll say that I ordered a Gerber Short Stack today.
    And damn does it feel good. What mag pouch did you go for?
    -Greg Nichols

-Shooterb

Tomorrows looking good brother!!!!
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

"When Your Time Comes To Die. Be Not Like Those Whose Hearts Are Filled With Fear Of Death. So When Their Time Comes They Weep And Pray For A Little More Time To Live Their Lives Over Again In A Different Way.
    SING YOUR DEATH SONG AND DIE LIKE A HERO GOING HOME" Tecumseh

Quote Originally Posted by Fjordforder View Post
    If we`re going to take the "I ordered X" route, I`ll say that I ordered a Gerber Short Stack today.
    And damn does it feel good. What mag pouch did you go for?
    MidwayUSA has some pouches that hold 4 AR mags for $9.99. Looking put together a travel kit for my AR pistol since I like packing it for road trips.
    The government selectively enforces laws, so I selectively follow them.

RGF-3: December 2014
    CRG-1: March 2015
    CRG-2: June 2015
    CRG-2: June 2016
    PGF : January 2017
    0-5 Feet: October 2018

MidwayUSA has some pouches that hold 4 AR mags for $9.99. Looking put together a travel kit for my AR pistol since I like packing it for road trips.
    Neat, show it off in this thread when they show up. Funny you mention Midway, I ordered my AR tool from them just a few hours ago. It was backordered, I added it to the "Notification upon restock" and got the note 3 minutes later. Been a good day.
    -Greg Nichols

-Shooterb