Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Joatmon View Post
    the fact is the design of the barrel does cause some lead to be left behind.
    No, it doesn't. Sorry you've been mislead, but I'm done with this one since you're more interested in proving your point than learning something.

As for barrel recommendations, if you want something good - KKM or one of Gabes barrels. Bar-Sto is good too but not plug and play.

I used to shoot a lot of lead bullets in my G21. I never had a problem except for it's firing out of battery. Went back to jacketed rounds and never had the problem again.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

Carry enough gun.

Robert Ruark

Edit:Nevermind. Not the thread for this.
    Last edited by Ajackz; 01-15-2016 at 04:16 PM.

I am not cheap.

But looking for a G35 conversion to 9mm barrel. Just because.

No Faceshooter available.

Still recommend KKM Precison or Bar-Sto Precision?

I was gifted my first Glock, a G21, when they were still called Tupperware in the late 80s. The guys at the cop shop thought it was a good joke to pull on me and sold one to the wife. Because she noticed, I started to carry it and got hooked. I used to shoot in a league and reloaded my own cast 45ACP. I did not hear of the rumor that lead did not mix with Glocks. I always shot some hardball out of my 1911s after lead to make cleaning easier. I did this with the G21 and never had a problem from my lead reloads. Shooting 200-500 per session was normal. My cast bullets were fairly hard. No problems with my usual couple of mags of hardball to clean the lead out at the end of the day.

Choirboy

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    I am not cheap.

I like KKM barrels. I was cheap and bought a lone wolf conversion barrel for my G35. It does not fit correctly, real hard to assemble the upper with the lone wolf barrel installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    I am not cheap.

I have KKM 9mm conversion barrel for a G23. It's very accurate. I held up an SI class for a bit because I was running cheap Russian steelcase through it and needed mallet strikes to get the barrel clear.

After that, I've reserved the Russian stuff for Glock factory barrels. Other than that one cheap bad round, the KKM 9mm conversion has been completely reliable with WWB and similar grade target ammo and defensive quality 9mm loads.

It's been sitting in a drawer for a few years though, and in retrospect, I should've just put the $ towards a G19.