Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Barrel recommendations

Good Morning all, I'm looking for a barrel for my gen 4 G19 that would be suitable for reloads. My number one priority is to retain reliability. Second would be increased accuracy and if I could find all these things in a threaded barrel that would be fantastic. Any suggestions ?
    "and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. " Luke 22:36

Suarez Match barrel?
    Combat Wombat: Eats Roots and Leaves.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
    "Marines don't know how to spell the word defeet"

The vast majority of aftermarket barrels sold are made by either Stormlake or Dasan. They rebrand them for all the "new and exciting" companies but at the end of the day they are all common stainless barrels with flutes and dots and whathaveyou cosmetics added on.

Do they work?

All barrels work...but that is not the issue since the oem barrels work too. A barrel MUST be more accurate otherwise why bother.

Our barrels are made from expensive Lothat-Walther match blanks from Germany. The same kind of barrel blanks used in match barrels. And ground to fit our slides perfectly.

Other than a handfit barrel that will only work on one slide...this is the only choice.
    Gabriel Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Edit:Nevermind. Not the thread for this.
    Last edited by Ajackz; 01-15-2016 at 04:16 PM.

I am not cheap.

But looking for a G35 conversion to 9mm barrel. Just because.

No Faceshooter available.

Still recommend KKM Precison or Bar-Sto Precision?

I was gifted my first Glock, a G21, when they were still called Tupperware in the late 80s. The guys at the cop shop thought it was a good joke to pull on me and sold one to the wife. Because she noticed, I started to carry it and got hooked. I used to shoot in a league and reloaded my own cast 45ACP. I did not hear of the rumor that lead did not mix with Glocks. I always shot some hardball out of my 1911s after lead to make cleaning easier. I did this with the G21 and never had a problem from my lead reloads. Shooting 200-500 per session was normal. My cast bullets were fairly hard. No problems with my usual couple of mags of hardball to clean the lead out at the end of the day.

Choirboy

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    I am not cheap.

I like KKM barrels. I was cheap and bought a lone wolf conversion barrel for my G35. It does not fit correctly, real hard to assemble the upper with the lone wolf barrel installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    I am not cheap.

I have KKM 9mm conversion barrel for a G23. It's very accurate. I held up an SI class for a bit because I was running cheap Russian steelcase through it and needed mallet strikes to get the barrel clear.

After that, I've reserved the Russian stuff for Glock factory barrels. Other than that one cheap bad round, the KKM 9mm conversion has been completely reliable with WWB and similar grade target ammo and defensive quality 9mm loads.

It's been sitting in a drawer for a few years though, and in retrospect, I should've just put the $ towards a G19.

Quote Originally Posted by deeredriver View Post
    Good Morning all, I'm looking for a barrel for my gen 4 G19 that would be suitable for reloads. My number one priority is to retain reliability. Second would be increased accuracy and if I could find all these things in a threaded barrel that would be fantastic. Any suggestions ?
    Your factory Glock barrel is perfectly suited for reloads (jacketed and lead), and is better quality than most aftermarket barrels. As for reloading - take time to learn what you're doing and why, and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yondering View Post
    Your factory Glock barrel is perfectly suited for reloads (jacketed and lead), and is better quality than most aftermarket barrels. As for reloading - take time to learn what you're doing and why, and you'll be fine.
    Be cautious with general recommendations like this, as one with a .40 barrel with an ugly chamber, I'm more than hesitant to
    reload the brass out of it, they are that bulged.

As to lead, that's an even more debated discussion. I cast and use lead in everything, except polygonal/hexagonal barrels.
    Learned my lesson in the early '90's with my first G23. Don't even like plated bullets in a Glock, but that's me.