Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Neck knife deployment can be a bit of an issue for speed depending on clothing and situation
    www.ohioppt.com
    Twitter @Ohioppt

Quote Originally Posted by Shogunater View Post
    Huh...That is the exact opposite of what I've been lead to believe.

What about limb destruction and pressure point control?
    Well how about ass stabbing and throat cutting. How many karambits to you see in a prison knife fight? If I have to resort to a knife I am not interested in controlling pressure points nor attacking limbs. I am interested in stabbing and ripping into soft areas that will bleed and cause shock and death. Its not art...its violence.
    Gabe Suarez

Turning Lambs into Lions Since 1995

Suarez International USA Headquarters

Lead time??

Also, do any of these knives preform "defanging the snake" better than another?

You want to defang a snake go get you some really good needle nose pliers. You want to kill some bastard when he need killing get the G-unit!
    Just my humble opinion.

When I have the training to do that, I'd prefer to avoid the mental trauma on my end and the career concerned prosecutor that will probably come after me, if possible.

http://blog.suarezinternational.com/...xed-blade.html

Obviously it won't always work out it the way I'd "prefer it to".

If you think there's going to be mental anguish on your part, you need to get that crap straightened out in your head and get rid of it with a quickness. Fighting is fighting, regardless of the tool. If there's mental trauma, let it be on your enemies end, not yours. As far as a prosecutor is concerned, that's why we have lawyers. Plus, it's pretty hard to be prosecuted for anything if your dead.

My Gang Unit has been riding next to my belt buckle since I got it, opposite from my Glock in the appendix position. I also carry a Spyderco Emerson Wave Endura, set up of a point down/edge out configuration. In our knife classes, we cut throats and taint stab with extreme violence. I've been in one really bad knife fight; it wasn't pretty, and it damned sure didn't look like something off of TV. It was a bloody mess, and I was glad it was him bleeding and not me. The only 'mental trauma' I would've had would be if I didn't come home from that pisshole I was in 8,000 miles away.

Does this sound right for the points of interest? This is what a friend told me.

1. Thrust to Internal jugular

2. Thrust to external jugular

3. slash to the gut from right to left, palm up.

4. upward thrust into gut behind rib cage.

5. upward thrust to underside of chin, flat side of blade and palm facing you.

6. Groin.

7. Either fermeral artery.

8. thrust to Heart, flat side of blade down.

9. slash throat from left to right.

Also, what kind of dummy do you use?

Lead time??

Also, do any of these knives preform "defanging the snake" better than another?
    If you cut the snakes fucking head off the snakes fangs aren't going to be much of a concern!

Not sure what SI has going as far as knives go but look there and at Michael Janich to get your head wrapped around what you need to know!

SD
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Also, what kind of dummy do you use?
    I tend to use the ones stupid enough to fuk with me
    "The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

"When Your Time Comes To Die. Be Not Like Those Whose Hearts Are Filled With Fear Of Death. So When Their Time Comes They Weep And Pray For A Little More Time To Live Their Lives Over Again In A Different Way.
    SING YOUR DEATH SONG AND DIE LIKE A HERO GOING HOME" Tecumseh